ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Trusted Expert
Kashif-rana

Re: dialup VPN not passing traffic

Hi Rick,

Actually when u use 0.0.0.0/0 in remote party identity on NSR (u should configure route based dialup VPN on SSG) then all traffic (tunneled traffic, internet traffic, LAN traffic) will pass through tunnel. u can access internet through proxy or untrust to untrust traffic with source NAT on SSG.

Thanks

Kashif Rana
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-SP, JNCIS(FWV,SSL),JNCIA(IDP,AC,WX),BIG IP-F5-LTM, CCNP
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".Kudos are always appreciated!
Contributor
biker

I do have a route base VPN and all traffic does go over the tunnel. That is currently my problem all traffic goes over the tunnel. I cannot access local resources such as printers, routers, and other network devices on the local LAN. I need to be able to access the local LAN as well as Corporate resources.

Thanks you for your kind help.

Trusted Expert
AndyC

Hi,

You might have to use a different client other than netscreen remote. Have a look at http://www.shrew.net/ it is a free IPsec client so you can try it out. Think that this allows you to send multiple networks down a tunnel, you will then have to do a bit of trial and error on the firewall side. You will have to see what Proxy-IP is being sent by the client and then add that to the Phase 2 config to be able to get the VPN to connect (use your existing route based vpn setup that you have).

I havent tried this bit of software and cant test it as I dont have access to a netscreen firewall at the moment, but might help as the site says that its compatible. Let me know if you need some help wth the config.

Regards

Andy

JNCIS-FWV
JNCIA-WX
JNCIA-SSL
JNCIA-ER
Contributor
biker

Thanks Andy

Thats a huge draw back in Netscreen Remote, I think anyway. I've open a ticket with Juniper but now sure if that will help. 

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.