Screen OS

last person joined: 7 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  ssg5 gui 404 / cli equivalent?

Posted 04-16-2014 09:38

I enabled SYN flood protection (because I was being DDoS'ed, which helped), then specified a wrong IP. When I went to remove the IP, I get a 404 page not found error (the GUI errors for some reason, it also does that when trying to delete policies), so I'm trying to become more familiar with the CLI so I can delete this IP (and learn CLI in general). Also, if anyone knows why the 404's happen, that'd be good to know. I'm using Mac/FF, have tried a couple other combinations, maybe I'll try Win/IE and see.

I found a command to set syn-flood for a zone, but I'm not really sure what I'd have to do to unset a specific IP from SYN flood via the CLI, where should I be looking? This is a production box, so I don't want to screw it up.

• 2.  RE: ssg5 gui 404 / cli equivalent?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-16-2014 10:11

404-error bug is fixed in the latest ScreenOS. You can get rid of that by upgrading the firewall firmware.

You can find the line easily if you do get config | include ip.ip.ip.ip (or you can replace ip with any pattern you want to search for).

You will get answer of lines "set something something" which you can simply "unset something something". When you're done editing, dont forget to save config.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please click "Accepted as Solution". Kudos also welcome!

• 3.  RE: ssg5 gui 404 / cli equivalent?

Posted 04-16-2014 14:18

Thanks, the firmware solved my 404 problem 🙂

Also, thanks for the CLI tip, trying to beef up my CLI skillz, nice to know things *roughly* behave like Linux, which I'm more familiar with.