Screen OS

last person joined: 7 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  ssg5 - new post cause...

Posted 08-28-2009 05:45

I mistakenly marked the last one solved 😞                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       My internet is all blocked up, hammer up and using all of the band width.

Could it be the ssg5? 

I was asked for the session count and resource utilization? Where would I find that information? Wayne

I mistakenly marked the last one solver 😞

• 2.  RE: ssg5 - new post cause...
    Best Answer

Posted 08-28-2009 06:33
    The "get session" command from the cli will show you sessions and total session count. The "get performance cpu" command gives you utilization rates.
    #thanks.
    #a
    #now.
    #did
    #almost
    #IT
    #i
    #I'm
    #programmer

• 3.  RE: ssg5 - new post cause...

Posted 08-28-2009 07:26

My internet is blocked up or hammered up meaning using all of the band width.

Could it be the ssg5?  I ran get session and get performance cpu: attached                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Wayne                                                                                            

#and
    #performance
    #session
    #get

Attachment(s)

txt
    ssg5 get session.txt   16 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: ssg5 - new post cause...

Posted 08-28-2009 07:54

Well the box is certainly not working to hard 🙂 The CPU, etc are pretty idle. So the SSG is not the culprit.

Perhaps you have some big user downloads chewing up your bandwidth? You can turn on traffic shaping and see what bandwidth you are using. I am heading into a meeting so can't pull out the commands but go to the admin guide and look for traffic shaping. You set max in and out bandwidth on the I/F's in question - enable traffic shaping (cli command I recall) and then you can look at statistics through the GUI and through the cli. GUI is under reports. CLI commands involve the "traffic-shaping" value.

So look at "get traffic-shaping" - "set traffic-shaping" etc......

Both the cli and the gui will end up showing you actual bandwidth usage - cli has a ton of data - i think the syntax for seeing it "get traffic-shaping statistics" but make sure you enable it with the get command.

Message Edited by muttbarker on 08-28-2009 07:55 AM

#a
    #--)
    #i
    #that.
    #do
    #feel
    #Ok.
    #like
    #can
    #detective

• 5.  RE: ssg5 - new post cause...

Posted 08-28-2009 12:25

In telnet what command runs enable traffic-shaping? <get> doesn't work. 

• 6.  RE: ssg5 - new post cause...

Posted 08-29-2009 10:46
    Hopefully you got this figured out. The command is "get traffic-shaping interface I/F-Name"