ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Visitor
scratchshooter

unable to establish a WebUI connection

Halfway through the configuring the Netscreen 5GT at the Trust/Untrust screen the application froze and I am unable to establish a WebUI connection to the Juniper. I did setup some trusted IP's but even they don't allow me to get back online to finish the configuration session.

Trusted Expert
Kashif-rana

Re: unable to establish a WebUI connection

hi,

By default u can manage the device from trust zone. Go to console and issue the following commands:

-get interface and note IP on trust and untrsut zone (if IP is missing on trust or untrust zone give appropriate IP set int trust ip <ip/mask>

-set int trust ip manageable (it will enable ping, telnet, ssh and web on trust interface IP)

Hope this helps

Kashif Rana
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-SP, JNCIS(FWV,SSL),JNCIA(IDP,AC,WX),BIG IP-F5-LTM, CCNP
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".Kudos are always appreciated!
Visitor
scratchshooter

Hii Kashif,

Thank you for the response.

When you say console, do you mean hyperterminal? And per literature I would need to have the commisioning PC connected to the console port. I will give this a try

Thanks again 

Trusted Expert
Kashif-rana

Hi,

Yes u can use hyperterminal or some other emulation program as well like secureCRT etc

Thanks

Kashif Rana
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-SP, JNCIS(FWV,SSL),JNCIA(IDP,AC,WX),BIG IP-F5-LTM, CCNP
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".Kudos are always appreciated!
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.