Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  what does this log mean when the SSG140 reboot?

Posted 03-26-2013 21:50

the log as bellow.

And does the log appears at every time when i reboot?

2013-03-24 16:56:15 system info 00551 Rapid Deployment cannot start because gateway has undergone configuration changes.

• 2.  RE: what does this log mean when the SSG140 reboot?

Posted 03-27-2013 06:43

• 3.  RE: what does this log mean when the SSG140 reboot?

Posted 03-27-2013 06:48

Hi,

One of the reasons why we receive such messages could be:

1 It was combination of ipv6 being enabled and automatic mail notifications enabled.

2 Message: Rapid Deployment cannot start because gateway has undergone configuration changes.

Meaning:Because RD(Rapid Deployment)requires factory-default settings,a security device(gateway)with non-default configuations cannot use RD.

Action: Reset the device to factory default settings by executing the CLI command unset all,then save,then reset.

I would suggest try to follow the 1st step and see if it helps. In order to try with the 2 option make sure that you take a config backup.

You can also refer to the following link to find some information about the same http://forums.juniper.net/t5/ScreenOS-Firewalls-NOT-SRX/Netscreen-5GT-auto-reset-problem/td-p/151480

Do let me know if the above steps helps.

Regards,

Arvinder

• 4.  RE: what does this log mean when the SSG140 reboot?
    Best Answer

Posted 03-27-2013 08:16

don't worry about this message.

relatd to the rapid deployment wizard you see only after a factory default.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/hardware/netscreen-systems/netscreen-systems54/GSG_SSG140.pdf

the message just means that the device is not at factory default, so the wizard will not be available.

Regards,

Sam