The New Network
Explore Juniper’s vision for network innovation and how the company and industry are shaping the future with the new network
BPLewisJNPR

Junos Pulse – Now Available At The iTunes App Store

by BPLewisJNPR on ‎09-09-2010 03:54 PM

Great news today for those of you with an Apple iPhone or Apple iPod touch who have been waiting for the Junos Pulse network client – it’s now live in the iTunes App Store

With Junos Pulse, users can now enjoy secure, remote mobile access to corporate resources via full SSL VPN directly from their Apple iPhone or Apple iPod touch, regardless of where they are located - in the data center, in the office, in the cloud, or at other remote sites.

We’ve got a great demo video outlining all the features of Junos Pulse 1.0, but here’s a quick rundown:

• SSL VPN connectivity using ESP or SSL transport mode to the Juniper Networks SA Series SSL VPN Appliances
  • Connects to one SA Series gateway at a time while allowing you to store information for multiple gateways in Configurations for later use
  • Automatically reconnects to the SA Series SSL VPN Appliance upon network changes (3G to Wi-Fi, or vice-versa), temporary network disruptions, or when your iPhone or iPod touch device wakes up from sleep
  • Option to send Logs to IT Support via Email for troubleshooting and assistance

A few clerical things to know before you download Junos Pulse:

• Your iPhone or iPod Touch must be updated to iOS 4.1 or later
  • Your company must be using a Juniper Networks SA Series SSL VPN Appliance running version 6.4 or later

Junos Pulse supporting the Apple iPhone and iPod touch is in addition to the VPN capabilities Junos Pulse already delivers for Microsoft Windows Mobile and Nokia Symbian based smartphones and other intelligent mobile devices. We’ll keep you posted on when the Junos Pulse client will be available on additional mobile operating systems, too. 

In the meantime, please give us your feedback.  Feel free to leave a comment here, or on Twitter.

Comments
by Roberto(anon) on ‎09-10-2010 12:21 AM

will be available also available for the SRX firewalls ?

by John Furrier(anon) on ‎09-13-2010 02:01 PM

working up a post on this now..just this month at VMworld 2010 Paul Maritz VMware CEO gave a compelling keynote where he showed the future of IT as a service model where IT managers will be deploying services out of an app store like feature.  He showed a demo of it during his keynote at VMworld 2010.  

Well Juniper Networks takes his vision and makes it a reality in showing how users can actually us the Apple App Store to get apps to secure resources on the enterprise. 

btw: here is a link to my interview with your own Abner Germanow - ironic that i had the apple storyline in my intro - check him out smiling i bet he wished he could have preannounced it..

http://siliconangle.tv/video/networking-and-virtualization-abner-germanow-juniper-networks

by JARandell(anon) on ‎10-27-2010 11:05 AM
Will Pulse be available for the iPad?
by Where is Junos Pulse for the iPad(anon) on ‎11-23-2010 10:20 PM

Hi,

I upgraded to iOS 4.2.1 on my iPad yesterday and thought I would automatically be able to see Junos Pulse available to me.  But it's not there.  Is there something else I should look for?

Thanks,

Mattock

by Ian Curtinsmith(anon) on ‎05-13-2011 02:16 AM
Srx support fellas ?
Post a Comment
Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.
About The New Network

Exploring the vision for the networking industry and the issues shaping its future.

Subscribe to The New Network    RSS Icon

Our Bloggers

Shaygan Kheradpir
Chief Executive Officer

Profile | Subscribe

Rami Rahim
EVP/GM
Juniper Development & Innovation

Profile | Subscribe

Brad Brooks
Chief Marketing Officer

Profile | Subscribe

Bask Iyer
Senior Vice President and CIO

Profile | Subscribe

Judy Beningson
Vice President, Strategic Planning

Profile | Subscribe

Mike Marcellin
Senior Vice President
Marketing

Profile | Subscribe

Jonathan Davidson
Senior Vice President
Engineering

Profile | Subscribe

Ankur Singla
Vice President of Engineering

Profile | Subscribe

Bob Dix
Vice President
Government Affairs &
Critical Infrastructure Protection

Profile | Subscribe

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.