The New Network
Explore Juniper’s vision for network innovation and how the company and industry are shaping the future with the new network

Displaying articles for: 01-27-2013 - 02-02-2013

RamiRahim

SDN – Unleashing the Full Power of the Network

by Juniper Employee ‎01-31-2013 08:42 AM - edited ‎01-31-2013 08:42 AM

ITCoreBlocks.jpgThe need for software defined networking (SDN) is clear. Information Technology (IT) advancement is critical for breakthrough business advantages and leading businesses have created competitive differentiation by harnessing the full power of IT’s core building blocks, computing, storage and networking. But traditional networks have not kept pace with the improvements we’ve seen in virtualizing computing and storage, so the major shift brought about by SDN is that the network has become an equal participant in the orchestration stack to allow new value to be derived from IT investments.

Read more...

pynatarajan

Programmable Networks - Designing the Customer Experience

by Juniper Employee ‎01-29-2013 10:41 AM - edited ‎02-02-2013 06:37 AM

Television and programming have come a long way. There is an endless broadcast of programming and multitude of online options for entertainment. Over the top providers use a lot of bandwidth, complicating operations and profitability for the network operators. Further, operators are not able to quickly meet the needs of their customers. This gap is often fulfilled by niche players. In my article on Wired magazine, I discuss how service providers can design the customer experience better using programmable networks. Read about it at: http://insights.wired.com/profiles/blogs/designing-the-customer-experience#axzz2JJJjFSIl

Read more...

hstern

Turning "I Wish" Into Value: OpenLab Hackathon

by Juniper Employee ‎01-27-2013 05:32 PM - edited ‎01-27-2013 05:32 PM

How do you take a good idea and use it to generate value?  That was the question posed by NJIT's Michael Ehrlich to our students at the second Juniper-AT&T Hackathon.  Armed with an introduction to software defined networking, we challenged the teams to consider their "I wish" lists for network performance and data insights and turn them into potential value using the Junos Space network management platform.

Read more...

About The New Network

Exploring the vision for the networking industry and the issues shaping its future.

Subscribe to The New Network    RSS Icon

Our Bloggers

Rami Rahim
EVP/GM
Juniper Development & Innovation

Profile | Subscribe

Brad Brooks
Chief Marketing Officer

Profile | Subscribe

Bask Iyer
Senior Vice President and CIO

Profile | Subscribe

Judy Beningson
Vice President, Strategic Planning

Profile | Subscribe

Mike Marcellin
Senior Vice President
Marketing

Profile | Subscribe

Jonathan Davidson
Senior Vice President
Engineering

Profile | Subscribe

Ankur Singla
Vice President of Engineering

Profile | Subscribe

Bob Dix
Vice President
Government Affairs &
Critical Infrastructure Protection

Profile | Subscribe

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.