The New Network
Explore Juniper’s vision for network innovation and how the company and industry are shaping the future with the new network

Displaying articles for: 10-07-2012 - 10-13-2012

RamiRahim

Edge Services for the Next Decade Are Here Today

by Juniper Employee ‎10-12-2012 10:55 AM - edited ‎10-12-2012 10:55 AM

As GM for Juniper’s Edge and Aggregation business, I am very proud of the Juniper team that designed, built, and brought to market our breakthrough Universal Edge announcements which I'm confident will drive new service innovations for the next decade.

Read more...

The Internet has brought incredible societal and economic changes around the world, but its ubiquity also makes it easy to take for granted. One thing we must not take for granted are the rules that govern the Internet. That’s true now more than ever: In December, member nations of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for information and communication technologies, will gather in Dubai. There, they will meet at the 2012 World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT) to revise the 1988 international rules governing telecommunications.  What they decide will have a profound impact on what the Internet will be and what it can enable.

Read more...

bradb

Juniper Networks JunosV App Engine

by Juniper Employee ‎10-10-2012 09:01 PM - edited ‎10-11-2012 07:07 AM

Juniper sees a mega inflection point for service providers in the next decade. According to Gartner and IDC, at least 50B devices will connect to wireless networks by the year 2020. Over $100B will be spent on public IT cloud services by 2016. And by 2015, over 60% of the broadband traffic will be streaming audio and video. To enable the service providers meet the growing demands on their network, Juniper has developed a solution to do more with less. We bring the simplicity of an e-reader to the network by creating a virtualization platform for routers to host network and traffic control services. Today Juniper announced JunosV™ App Engine.

Read more...

As our Universal Edge announcements roll out in the market, I am reflecting on the impact that our innovations will have globally.  The exponential growth projections for content consumption - especially video – will continue to have a significant impact on our industry, our customers’ business models, and our success as well.  More importantly, I believe the success of our industry requires an open, horizontal platform infrastructure that enables service creation through new software application innovation such as our JunosV App Engine.

Read more...

pynatarajan

Network Virtualization for Services

by Juniper Employee ‎10-10-2012 11:16 AM - edited ‎11-13-2012 10:54 AM

gyroscopeWiki.jpgThere is nothing simple about the Grand Canyon! It offers breathtaking views and beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Between the sunset and sunrise, the night sky in the Grand Canyon offers a very clear picture of the Milky Way, one of the best viewing places in the country. With so many stellar objects filling up the sky, it is not easy to know each of the objects you are looking at. I am a big fan of StarWalk app on the iPhone. It uses the phone’s built-in gyroscope and tells you everything you want to know about the star, planet or galaxy you are pointing at. What can networking learn from iPhone?

Read more...

WC

Discover New Economics with Universal Edge

by Juniper Employee on ‎10-10-2012 11:11 AM

A few years ago, I attended a lecture by a Nobel Prize economist, who was teaching at Stanford University.  As he talked about how fluctuations of the stock market can be modeled by a process called Brownian motion, I made the connection that economics was also tied to networking.  To me, networking is all about economics because network designs, technology decisions, operational processes, etc. are all about maximizing network resources to drive key business objectives.  It is intriguing to consider how a chipset, a software design, a new platform, a network architecture, or a new concept could change network economics and in some cases lead to industry transformations.  

Read more...

SDN and virtualization are all the rage today.  Adoption of cloud technologies is broadening and customers are building dynamic data centers that require seamless scale, high performance, robust security and simplified management. The existing networking infrastructure is often complex and inflexible and the world is looking to virtualization to solve many of these challenges.  

That’s where Juniper and VMware come in. Together we offer Enterprise customers integrated solutions to help manage their data center network – both virtual and physical. We’ve collaborated on vGW for security and Junos Space Virtual Control for virtual switch management.

Read more...

About The New Network

Exploring the vision for the networking industry and the issues shaping its future.

Subscribe to The New Network    RSS Icon

Our Bloggers

Rami Rahim
Executive Vice President
Platform Systems Division

Profile | Subscribe

Brad Brooks
Chief Marketing Officer

Profile | Subscribe

Bask Iyer
Senior Vice President and CIO

Profile | Subscribe

Judy Beningson
Vice President, Strategic Planning

Profile | Subscribe

Mike Marcellin
Senior Vice President
Marketing

Profile | Subscribe

Jonathan Davidson
Senior Vice President
Engineering

Profile | Subscribe

Ankur Singla
Vice President of Engineering

Profile | Subscribe

Bob Dix
Vice President
Government Affairs &
Critical Infrastructure Protection

Profile | Subscribe

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.