Training and Certification

last person joined: 9 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Academic Alliance Program Requirements

Posted 01-11-2012 19:01

Dear All

Good Day!

With regards to the subject above your valuable feedback and suggestions for the questions below will be highly appreciated.

1- Do any international school operating in Saudi Arabia can join this program? (For example Srilankan/Indian International School).

2- Is it possible for the other Schools, Colleges,Universities, individuals and/or enterprises to take any Juniper course or training offered at the School participating in Academic Alliance?

3- What will be the initial estimated investment? And is there any financing support available from Juniper Networks?

4- I am a Juniper Certified, with JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-FWV, JNCIA-EX, JNCIA-M/T and pursuing for JNCIP-SEC and also a member of J-Partner Consultant Program, what role I can play for that school.

I am looking forward to hear something good from Academic Alliance Program.

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Academic Alliance Program Requirements

Posted 01-12-2012 06:02

Soomro,

I have forwarded your question to the program manager for the Academic Alliance program.  He should be in touch.

regards,

• 3.  RE: Academic Alliance Program Requirements

Posted 01-12-2012 11:26

Dear Liz Burns,

Thank you for your cooperation and support. I will be waiting for program manager's feedback.

Regards,

• 4.  RE: Academic Alliance Program Requirements

Posted 01-16-2012 21:29

Dear Liz Burns,

Interested to know how many business days are required to feeback on my concern?

Regards,

• 5.  RE: Academic Alliance Program Requirements
    Best Answer

Posted 01-20-2012 12:37

Dear Soomro,

First, my apologies for the delayed reply. Our program is going rapidly and for this reason we have also created the alias academicalliance@juniper.net . This will give you the opportunity to continue the conversation directly with me and our academic alliance resources.

Regarding your questions, please see a summary in the answer below, but would encourage you to send me your contact information (email address) and I will be happy to send you a complete "Introduction to the Academic Alliance program pdf brochure which has much more detail regarding our comprehensive multi tiered program.

To answer your questions directly:

1- Do any international school operating in Saudi Arabia can join this program? (For example Srilankan/Indian International School).

--> Yes our global JNAA program is open to all accredited universities, colleges and technical vocational schools (non profit) or government sponsored. For our commercial training activities, that is training directly enterprise companies, partners and customers we have another training channel called the Authorized Education Partner (JNAEP) channel.  The JNAEP channel is for our commercial training partners.

2- Is it possible for the other Schools, Colleges,Universities, individuals and/or enterprises to take any Juniper course or training offered at the School participating in Academic Alliance?

--> Yes you may collaborate with other universities to share resources, in fact we encourage cooperation between our academic alliance partners. I ask for more details from you about this question as each situation is a little different. Enterprise employees "may" take courses in the academic alliance schools, however our Academic Alliance partners may not give "short" courses - that is in duration of 1-5 or more days consecutively. That is permitted only to our JNAEPS. Courses at JNAA universities must be of a semester or term duration such as 9 weeks or more depending on the teaching hours of the module.

3- What will be the initial estimated investment? And is there any financing support available from Juniper Networks?

--> A qualified university can join our JNAA program at no charge. We support free training for our JNAA faculty, and inexpensive coursebooks for the students. The university may purchase equipment at a significant discount, and we have our virtual routers (Junosphere) available as an inexpensive alternative to equipment. We do not however fund our JNAAs.

4- I am a Juniper Certified, with JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-FWV, JNCIA-EX, JNCIA-M/T and pursuing for JNCIP-SEC and also a member of J-Partner Consultant Program, what role I can play for that school.

--> Congratulations on your acomplishments. I think you would be an excellent candidate as a professor or adjunct professor for a university that is part of our Academic Alliance. As an aside, I also believe that you will be able to quite quickly engage with one of our local JNAEPs to teach for them. There are some additional requirements to teach in the JNAEP channel.

In summary, I encourage you to discuss your interest with the university where you have an affliation and I would be happy to set up an introductory conference call with the authorized representative and yourself as a potental instructor. Meanwhile, please send me your contact information at academicalliance@juniper.net and I will be happy to send you our introduction document and discuss the possibilities.

I hope this answers your questions, and I look forward to your email and information so we can continue the conversation.

• 6.  RE: Academic Alliance Program Requirements

Posted 01-24-2012 01:05

Dear Team,

Thanks for your feedback about the subject. However, as advised, I wish to receive details for both JNAA and JNAEP on following email ID.

tsoomro@networkingss.net

Regards,