Training and Certification

last person joined: yesterday 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Application-Aware Security Services

Posted 02-12-2013 16:22

I'd like to take the new JNCIP-Sec exam, but I'm wondering if existing course material will cover 'Application-Aware Security Services' in newer versions?  Just asking before I drop $300 for AJSEC, and $200 more for JIPS.

I also still need JUTM ($100), as I hobbled myself with the Fast Track guide, and the labs + extra content would have been more than worth it for beating configuration contexts into my brain.  Any updates planned there???

The documentation looks like a good place to supplement the existing material for this requirement, but I loooooove the course material, and it's the "Recommended Training".  The OCD in me wants to make sure a new version doesn't come out after I make the purchase... 

• 2.  RE: Application-Aware Security Services
    Best Answer

Posted 02-12-2013 17:46

Hi John,

Good questions.. 

The current AJSEC course includes coverage for the topic area you mention, you'll see it called AppSecure.

JIPS is currently getting an update, should be available in later April.  Both the current and upcoming versions of the course support the current exam, but if you're not in a hurry I'd suggest waiting as there should be some nice improvements.

JUTM should stay at its current version for a while yet.

Regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

• 3.  RE: Application-Aware Security Services

Posted 02-17-2013 11:17

Hello Kieran Milne;; I m preparing my JNCIP-Sec exam I got official course ware (AJSEC Revision 12.a) and (JIPS Revision 10.a) .. Will it work for new exam code JN0-633. As you mentioned in your post that new course ware for JIPS will be available in April but Juniper has launched new exam code by February 15, so if someone wants to clear his/ her JNCIP-Sec exam before April what to do now..

• 4.  RE: Application-Aware Security Services

Posted 02-18-2013 09:33

Hi Kashif,

Both versions of the JIPS course are a valid study resource for the JNCIP-SEC exam, so you are good to go.

A general reminder to use the exam's webpage and related detailed objectives page as a guide to ensure you are preparing for all topics on the exam. Exam topics may be covered in courseware, or may be covered in other study resources, or may come from hands-on real-world experience.

Regards,

Kieran

• 5.  RE: Application-Aware Security Services

Posted 02-18-2013 21:13

Thanks a lot for reply , I was actually bit worried but now I am relaxed can induce extra efforts in my JNCIP-Sec preparation