Training and Certification

last person joined: 8 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Course study materials in PDF

Posted 03-28-2015 02:56
    Are juniper plamning to provide course study materials in PDF or ePub/mobi format in near future? I need to tak rmy next exam and personally my most convenient way of study is on my iPad in PDF format.
    As much as I like juniper, I find it quite disappointing that in 21st century you can be charged around £250 for a single study guide which seems to be home printed and bind together and taking 4 weeks to arrive. And at the same time encouraging more people to learn juniper. Come on Juniper, you can do better than that !

• 2.  RE: Course study materials in PDF
    Best Answer

Posted 03-28-2015 05:45

Totally agree that electronic is a great option here. I actually got locked PDF versions instead of hard copy in one of my official live classes last year. 

Hate the locking software does not play nice on my original iPad and we paid for the full freight class cost to get treated like a pirate.

Juniper should just go ahead and sell unlocked versions just like O'Reilly publications.  You customers will love you for it.

And you won't lose any money because the people doing the pirating where never going to buy any class or book anyway.  You can't lose what you would never had.

And you do gain when they steal the books because they are more knowledgable and won't open as may JTAC cases in the long run.  A knowledable engineering force saves Juniper money.

Juniper is like most tech companies, they have education in as a profit center.  This is the wrong model in my opinion.

Education is an investment that pays off:

Education is a marketing center to get engineers excited about using the technology

Education is a cost savings center because knowledgable engineers require less support calls

Education is an enabler that gets more features enabled and Juniper products more deeply embedded into customer networks