Training, Certification, and Career Topics
Visitor
Julien Goodwin

Disappointed in JNCIS-ENT exam questions

Earlier today I took the JNCIS-ENT (converting from JNCIS-ER) and was disappointed as several questions were very badly worded (some to the point that I had no clear idea what exactly they were asking), and a few even had no right answer (whilst I could easily be mistaken with some of them, one was almost exactly something I'd spent lab time on and brought into production at a previous job).

Juniper Employee
tsapp

Re: Disappointed in JNCIS-ENT exam questions

I'd agree, I also saw lots of different typos and werid things in the questions. The most strange was I had a few questions where the font was different on some answers.

Contributor
PerG

I second that - and I did the exam almost a year ago.

I remember that some question did not put the question into proper context - the answer could differ depending on what protocol was used, and that was not clear from the question.

At least the exam questions got better along the way - for JNCIP-SP they were very good. If you knew the stuff, you knew the answer. There was no guessing what the question was about.

Trusted Contributor
NetDonkey

Did you create a comment on the questions you found were vague?  I know the JNCP peeps look at them and may be able to reword in future.

Nick

--
Network Architect
Juniper Ambassador
JNCIE-ENT #232
Twitter: @NetDonkey
http://taildrop.net
Juniper Employee
tsapp

I did, figured it can't hurt. Would have been nice if somebody followed up but I guess it really doesn't matter that much. The whole different font thing was weird, for all I know I guess it could have been some kind of experiment :smileyhappy:

Trusted Contributor
JunosChris

Trust me, the JNCP team DOES see your comments. 

--
Chris Jones
Juniper Ambassador
JNCIE-ENT #272
JNCIP-SP
CCIE #25655
Juniper Employee
cfrizziero

Hi julien,

I agree completely with you, not only for JNCIS-ENT, but also with respect JNCIP-SP and JNCIP-ENT.

Today i was trying the ENT, and i failed with 64% over 67%, and i let at least 4 comments onto the exam due to ambiguity of several questions.. then I stopped on doing  it in order to not waste too time... but i finished really really disappointed.

More than this: the assessment test is completely different from the exam... I mean: not about the topics, but yes, about the level of difficulty of the questions.

bad experience....

Juniper Employee
cfrizziero

I hope so... but also, in a ideal world, as the exam is for paid (200euros), i would appreciate a personal feedback about every comment i let, and the possibility of a refund or a new try ...

In my case the gap to pass was really very short, and i think that if the ambiguities I commented resulted in a right from my side, i should have passed it.

Hope somebody give a look onto this message...

Cristian

Recognized Expert
JCert

Hi all,

To address a few points above..

Regarding the JNCIS-ENT exam, those of you finding it to have some issues are correct - while the test items themselves are valid and correct, the overall quality and display of the items is somewhat less than we generally strive for. The good news on this (for future test-takers at least) is that we have the JNCIS-ENT on our schedule, with an update planned for release 2nd half of this year.

To those wondering about the comments you leave during exams, definitely do feel free to leave comments (time-permitting of course).  Although it is simply not feasible for us to review these comments in real-time and respond to them, we do review them to help identify items requiring particular attention during exam updates.

Cristian - we received your direct message, and will reply to it directly to address your concerns.

As a general note to all who find exam items ambiguous.. there is no question that issues do occasionally occur with test items, it happens.   That said, we have found that perceived issues with exam questions are largely due to one of two factors: 1) the candidate does not know the topic areas well enough; or 2) the candidate has not read the question carefully enough.  Test items are intentionally designed to be challenging, either by testing depth of content knowledge, or by testing that you can process a set of requirements, to determine the correct answer.  Note that this is different than 'tricky questions'; the goal with challenging items is to verify that you are truly qualified at the testing level.

HTHs, regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

Visitor
Eny80

[ Edited ]

Dears, I am very disappointed too and sorry to say that we spend time and moneys to do these exams and then we would also get the same level of quality when reading the exam's questions.

Yesterday I failed to pass the JNCIS-ENT after studying several weeks on the recommended material in the JNCIP Fast Track portal. Well, I was really disappointed since the first question for the following reasons:

- Several questions are really very badly formulated and ambiguous, you feel you can answer in different ways and this is frustrating since we cannot know the answer at the end (of course);

- How is possible you also ask about things not present in the study guides and maybe from different tracks or level? One example? Please let me know where you find information about PVLAN in JNCIS-ENT material. I got questions on PVLANs!!

- Several questions are about troubleshooting, it is ok, but why not updating the material with some examples on troubleshooting also?

- With Pearson Vue exams it is not possible anymore to leave comments on the questions...

BTW, please give more importance to the first two points above as they are very important for an exam and to give the possibility to us to do the exam in the most relaxed way.

Thanks

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.