Training and Certification

last person joined: 9 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Documentation available during JNCIE-ENT lab

Posted 04-21-2012 10:58

Hello,

Without violating the NDA, can anyone clarify what documentation is available during the JNCIE-ENT lab?  Ie, a particular link that we would expect to have access to?

Now I'm not planning on heavily relying on documentation.  But memorizing obscure *details* might not be the best strategy for maintaining my sanity.  I passed the CCIE R&S lab four years ago, and have been actively working at a VAR/reseller for a few years (doing a lot of implementations) so I like to think I have a decent grasp of how the protocols work.  Good or bad, I'm used to how Cisco's documentation is laid out at a high level (config guides and command references).

When I look a the JNCIE-ENT exam page it has a field for "exam information" that has a link for documentation.  Is that the same link that's available during the actual lab?  I'm concerned because that same page also has similar links on the other exams (JNCIS-ENT) which are not available during the exam (which in the JNCIS-ENT case isn't a lab). 

I also find the Juniper documentation to be extremely scattered.  So while there is a lot of documentation, finding the same document twice in a reproducible manner is very difficult (at least for me).

Any clarification would be great!

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Documentation available during JNCIE-ENT lab

Posted 04-27-2012 06:47

Hi Julio,

During the exam you will have access to all the necessary documentation related to the exam tasks.  Currently this is proivded on the desktop in PDF format.

Regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

• 3.  RE: Documentation available during JNCIE-ENT lab

Posted 04-27-2012 07:02

Thanks Kieran,

Can you provide a link to this documentation?  I'd like to go through it.  Actually, I'd like to start using it during my day to day duties so I get used to using it.  This shouldn't be a secret, IMO.

• 4.  RE: Documentation available during JNCIE-ENT lab
    Best Answer

Posted 04-27-2012 07:24

Hi Julio,

The documentation comes from:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/information-products/pathway-pages/product/10.4/index.html

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/information-products/pathway-pages/ex-series/index.html

If you think you will be using the docs frequently during the exam, you may want to download the relevant PDFs to get used to searching in that format.

Regards,

Kieran

• 5.  RE: Documentation available during JNCIE-ENT lab

Posted 04-27-2012 08:00

Thanks Kieran!  That's exactly what I was looking for. 

• 6.  RE: Documentation available during JNCIE-ENT lab

Posted 05-03-2012 04:58

Also remember the help command is your friend Smiley Happy

Nick

• 7.  RE: Documentation available during JNCIE-ENT lab

Posted 07-23-2015 10:45

Hi - this is really useful but can you provide links for the os we will be using for the exam in 2015 ?

Many thanks, Phil.