Training, Certification, and Career Topics
Contributor
JulioCassettez
Accepted Solution

Documentation available during JNCIE-ENT lab

Hello,

Without violating the NDA, can anyone clarify what documentation is available during the JNCIE-ENT lab?  Ie, a particular link that we would expect to have access to?

Now I'm not planning on heavily relying on documentation.  But memorizing obscure *details* might not be the best strategy for maintaining my sanity.  I passed the CCIE R&S lab four years ago, and have been actively working at a VAR/reseller for a few years (doing a lot of implementations) so I like to think I have a decent grasp of how the protocols work.  Good or bad, I'm used to how Cisco's documentation is laid out at a high level (config guides and command references).

When I look a the JNCIE-ENT exam page it has a field for "exam information" that has a link for documentation.  Is that the same link that's available during the actual lab?  I'm concerned because that same page also has similar links on the other exams (JNCIS-ENT) which are not available during the exam (which in the JNCIS-ENT case isn't a lab). 

I also find the Juniper documentation to be extremely scattered.  So while there is a lot of documentation, finding the same document twice in a reproducible manner is very difficult (at least for me).

Any clarification would be great!

Thanks!

Recognized Expert
JCert

Re: Documentation available during JNCIE-ENT lab

Hi Julio,

During the exam you will have access to all the necessary documentation related to the exam tasks.  Currently this is proivded on the desktop in PDF format.

Regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

Contributor
JulioCassettez

Thanks Kieran,

Can you provide a link to this documentation?  I'd like to go through it.  Actually, I'd like to start using it during my day to day duties so I get used to using it.  This shouldn't be a secret, IMO.

Recognized Expert
JCert

Hi Julio,

The documentation comes from:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/information-products/pathway-pages/product/10.4/inde...

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/information-products/pathway-pages/ex-series/index.h...

If you think you will be using the docs frequently during the exam, you may want to download the relevant PDFs to get used to searching in that format.

Regards,

Kieran

Contributor
JulioCassettez

Thanks Kieran!  That's exactly what I was looking for. 

Trusted Contributor
NetDonkey

Also remember the help command is your friend :smileyhappy:

Nick

--
Network Architect
Juniper Ambassador
JNCIE-ENT #232
Twitter: @NetDonkey
http://taildrop.net
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.