Training and Certification

last person joined: 6 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  EX4200 Image - JNCIE

Posted 08-01-2011 15:26

Juniper,

Will the advanced license be required on the EX4200's?  Building the lab now and I need to know if I need to enable BGP on these switches.  Does Juniper offer or have you considered any discounts on advanced license or temporary license keys for JNCIE candidates?  I know you offer discounts to partners, but what about the average Joe like myself that is funding their own lab.

• 2.  RE: EX4200 Image - JNCIE

Posted 08-02-2011 13:20

Hey Juniper, anyone home?  I have asked two questions so far and got zero answers on this forum.  It would be nice if someone would answer the forum questions on YOUR website. 

• 3.  RE: EX4200 Image - JNCIE

Posted 08-02-2011 13:37

It's summer, people are off, projects continue to brew.  This post has been here less than one day, we're going as fast as we can.

I'm not direclty in the loop on exam dev for the IE-ENT exam, but I'd say check the exam obj's against the EX adv lincese feature list... if you need the feature (and don't have other gear to cover off that feature) then you'll want the adv license.

There is no discount/temp licensing for study purposes.

Regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

• 4.  RE: EX4200 Image - JNCIE

Posted 08-02-2011 15:12

@csnow wrote:

Hey Juniper, anyone home?  I have asked two questions so far and got zero answers on this forum.  It would be nice if someone would answer the forum questions on YOUR website. 

Hi csnow, keep in mind that even though the forums are owned by Juniper, most of the members here are actually Juniper customers.  We created these forums to encourage interaction and dialog by our customers.  The few Juniper employees that actually lurk here on the forums are only responding to these threads on a volunteer basis - it's not something we get paid to do or anything along these lines.

You'll find that it's not uncommon to see responses taking a day or more...

Hope you stick around though, most people here are willing to help if you're patient enough to let them 😉

• 5.  RE: EX4200 Image - JNCIE

Posted 08-02-2011 16:43

My frustration was that my previous post, prior to this one, was submitted on 7/27 with no reply, so I vented in this thread.  Thanks for the reply.  I thought this was a sponsored and supported forum by Juniper; sorry, accept my apology.

• 6.  RE: EX4200 Image - JNCIE

Posted 08-03-2011 07:42

CSNOW,

Some posts we wait for non-Juniper members to reply to as this is truely a network professional driven discussion board, not a Juniper marketing tool.  Not sure what your previous post was but possibly one we waited on for others to participate.

Hope to see you continue to participate here - posting questions and responses to others.

Regards,

• 7.  RE: EX4200 Image - JNCIE
    Best Answer

Posted 08-03-2011 08:44

Hi Csnow,

I understand your frustration! I think part of the problem is that beyond the architects of the exam, as well as those who have taken the Alpha or Beta exams, there aren't that many people who have actually experienced these exams and can authoritatively answer your question.

I myself have not even seen the new JNCIE-ENT exams and am just now in the process of familiarizing myself with the exam.  Hopefully, as these exams are being rolled out and more candidates take the exams, we will have more folks who can provide answers to your queries.

Honestly, i can't answer your questions with 100% certitude, but I would think your two EX4200 devices should be enough.  This would provide you the ability to perform Virtual Chassis and other Layer 2 services quite fine.

• 8.  RE: EX4200 Image - JNCIE

Posted 08-12-2011 06:05

No, you do not need the advanced license for your EX4200s.