Training and Certification

last person joined: 9 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Is it soft copy given when purchase Juniper education material?

Posted 06-10-2013 23:54

Hi All,

Just want to know if i buy Juniper courseware material such as http://www.onfulfillment.com/JuniperTrainingPublic/Category.aspx?d=44&sid=323&sm=d44 for self study is it given by soft copy or hard copy.

I prefer soft copy so don't need to pay tax or something else. Apppreciate someone feedback.

• 2.  RE: Is it soft copy given when purchase Juniper education material?

Posted 06-11-2013 03:00

These materials from the Juniper site are only available as a hard copy set of books shipped to you on purchase.

• 3.  RE: Is it soft copy given when purchase Juniper education material?

Posted 06-11-2013 09:49

Hi,

I got JIR and JSPX hardcopy but I just noticed that JIR is the same in JNCIS Fast Track Routing Study Guide.

That is in PDF Format.

• 4.  RE: Is it soft copy given when purchase Juniper education material?

Posted 06-11-2013 12:55

The content in the fast track is going to map pretty darned closely to the hardcopy manuals for:

IJS - Introduction to Junos - Junos - JNCIA

JRE - Junos Routing Essentials - Junos - JNCIA

JIR - Junos Intermediate Routing - Enterprise Fast Track - JNCIS

JEX - Junos Switching - Enterprise Fast Track - JNCIS

JSEC - Junos Security - Security Fast Track - JNCIS

• 5.  RE: Is it soft copy given when purchase Juniper education material?

Posted 06-11-2013 18:46

Hi Spuluka,

Price in the juniper web has included tax or not? Can i request soft copy instead of hard copy.

Thanks and appreciate your feedback.

• 6.  RE: Is it soft copy given when purchase Juniper education material?
    Best Answer

Posted 06-12-2013 05:54

From the fulfilment website only hard copies are sold.  They do not offer soft copies.

the prices listed on the site are for the course materials only.  Shipping is added for the USA purchases.  They don't collect tax for USA purchases, I'm not sure what the tax collection policy is for other jurisdictions served.

• 7.  RE: Is it soft copy given when purchase Juniper education material?

Posted 06-12-2013 08:48

hi spuluka,

thanks for the verification.

• 8.  RE: Is it soft copy given when purchase Juniper education material?

Posted 06-20-2013 01:18

Sir

Is there any simulator available for Juniper SSG140?

• 9.  RE: Is it soft copy given when purchase Juniper education material?

Posted 06-20-2013 03:20

No, there is no similator for the SSG140 or any of the ScreenOS line of firewalls.

If you work for a Juniper partner, I'm told your company can get access to labs. 

Otherwise, you need to have real gear to practice.  With ScreenOS the main difference between models is just the interface numbers and speed.  So you can get the practice needed on an SSG5.  These are available on the used market.  And the SSG5 supports configuring three virtual routers so you can even setup some site to site and routing scenarios with just one box.