Training and Certification

last person joined: 7 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
Expand all | Collapse all

JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Erdem

Erdem01-08-2018 05:33

• 1.  JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-21-2016 22:14

If my JNCIA-102 expires am I still eligible to do JNCIS exam with the expired JNCIA certification?or I have to start from the beginning like get the JNCIA-102 certification and then only I am eligible to do my JNCIS.

JNCIA-102  expiry duration is 2 years or 3 years?

• 2.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-21-2016 23:50

"If my JNCIA-102 expires am I still eligible to do JNCIS exam with the expired JNCIA certification?"

No.

"or I have to start from the beginning like get the JNCIA-102 certification and then only I am eligible to do my JNCIS."

Yes, you have to start over.

"JNCIA-102  expiry duration is 2 years or 3 years?"

It is 2 years, but it will be extended to 3 years if you pass a JNCP level exam.

• 3.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-22-2016 03:09

Your current certification is valid from 3 years of your original test date.  A few months ago Junipe extended all active certifications from 2 years to 3 years. 

The JNCIA will be extended to match the term or your JNCIS when you pass the test.

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/news/2015/20151009-active-period-certifications-extended/

You can confirm your expiration date by checking the Cert Manager portal.

https://www.certmetrics.com/juniper/login.aspx?cc20160122=true

• 4.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-27-2016 08:39
    Distinguished Exper
    thank you for  confirming that  cert expires in 3 years and not in 2 years.I confirmed  myself with the CertManager ID that  JNCIA expires in march 23 2018( took it on march 23 2015).
    When I plan to take JNCIS should the JNCIA must be in active state or I can still take JNCIS even if my JNCIA is expired.
    Thanks again

• 5.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-28-2016 03:03

The inactive state was removed with this update.  There is now only active or expired and your JNCIA must be active to get the JNCIS.

So in your case you would need to take the JNCIS exam before the March 23 2018 expiration date.

But when you pass the JNCIS your JNCIA is extended to the expiration date on your JNCIS three years out from the JNCIS exam date.  And this happens for both JNCIS and JNCIA again when you pass the JNCIP exam.

• 6.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-08-2018 05:33

thanks

• 7.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-08-2018 05:46

Thank you Steve.

JNCIS-ENT exam changed.Current exam is JN0-347.I got the PDFs for JN0-343 from juniper site.Can you please provide us the link for the  JN0-347 PDFs as well.

Also can juniper provide practice test for JN0-347 as they did for JN0-343.

One more quick question.We got some vouchers when our company gave Juniper training.I used one for my JNCIA exam.I have one more with me .hope I can use it for  JNCIS. I got in 2014 and used one in 2015 march for my JNCIA Exam.Hope it doesnt expire. Sadly the exam cost went  high from $200 to $300 now.Please advise

• 8.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-09-2018 02:36

The old pdf files are mostly still applicable and there are no newer versions right now.  The main difference is the change in layer 2 configuration to the MX ELS style that is outlined here.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/getting-started-els.html

You can confirm in the cert manager exactly when you 3 year term on the JCNIA is up.  You do need an active JNCIA to get the JNCIS.  The exam registration will let you register for any exam but you won't get the cert without the proper prerequisites.

https://www.juniper.net/certmanager/

My recollection is that vouchers do have an expiration date.  They have to be used to book an exam by that date but I have booked actual dates farther out as long as the registration occurs in time. 

• 9.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-09-2018 03:06

Thank you Steve

• 10.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-09-2018 03:08

Thank you Steve.I do see JNCIS-ENT JN0-347exam is for 90 minutes and 65questions.Can you please tell me the passing score for the JNCIS-ENT JN0-347 exam.

• 11.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-09-2018 03:09

Juniper does not publish pass scores so I don't know.

Also forgot to mention the practice test moved into Junos Genius.  You can create a free account.

https://cloud.contentraven.com/junosgenius/login

• 12.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-14-2018 20:26

Thank you steve.

https://cloud.contentraven.com/junosgenius/login doesnt have any for JNCIS -ENT.Sorry if I missed something

Also very important information I need to know is,my JNCIA exam expires March 23rd 2018. If I take JNCIS-ENT (new exam-JN0-347) in March 14th  and if I fail, can I retake on March20th as my JNCIA expires by March 23rd.

Please advise what date I should take so that if I fail in 1st attempt  I should be able to retake the exam before  March23rd.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

• 13.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS
    Best Answer

Posted 01-15-2018 02:41

In the Junos Genius portal. 

Select Library on the top right

then JNCP Practice tests on the middle menu

Then The Green Basic Tests

You will see JNCIS-ENT two version on the list

JNCIS-ENT.png

The first time you fail an exam you can take the retest immediately if you want.  The second and subsequent times you have to wait 1 week before allowed to take the exam again.  So March 14 and 23 should be fine in either case.

• 14.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-15-2018 09:09

Thank you so much Steve.You have been very helpful ,much appreciated.

• 15.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-15-2018 09:19

sorry I am confused now..

Steve said,"The first time you fail an exam you can take the retest immediately if you want.  The second and subsequent times you have to wait 1 week before allowed to take the exam again.  So March 14 and 23 should be fine in either case."

you mentioned i can retest immediately ( which is second attempt) and then  you said for  second time  testing wait 1 week..both conflicts.Sorry  some where I didnt understand clearly

If I take on march 14h ,should i wait for my second attempr for 1 week if I am not retesting on march14 itself? 1 week is 5 business days? or 5 days? March 14th the day I take test is it counted as one of the 5 days.I wish I can talk to live person to clarify my doubts.

my email id Rajprema7@yahoo.com

• 16.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-16-2018 02:28

Sorry for the confusion, I meant the second failure of the exam and all subsequent failures.

So the first time you fail an exam you can schedule anonther attempt immediately for whatever is available at the test center.  After the second failure of the same exam you will not be able to schedule an exam until one week after the most recent exam failure date.

Naturally all bookings are also subject to the center schedule availability too.  I know a lot of the centers here you have to reserve a few weeks out to get a slot.

• 17.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-16-2018 08:24

Thank you Steve.

• 18.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-16-2018 12:40

Steve... while I was looking into the VUE center page to book for march saw the information given below:

To put in simple english..if I fail the first attempt ,I can take the second attempt any time.If I miss the second attempt theeeen I have to wait 14 days  to retest  for 3rd attempt.Correct?I wish and hope to pass in the first attempt (JN0-347cost $300)

Is there anyway to get some coupons to reduce the exam cost?

Juniper Networks Policies

Additional Information

Candidates who fail their first attempt at an exam can retake it at any time. However, for any future attempts, a candidate must wait a period of 14 calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam. Once the exam is passed, the candidate must wait at least 18 months before retaking the exam, which would generally be for recertification purposes.

• 19.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-17-2018 03:07

sorry for the error in the delay time. I see 2 weeks instead of 1 week after a failure.

I'm not aware of any public programs running now for exam vouchers.  If you have one, you can contact the Juniper sales engineer assigned to your account.  They may be able to get a code for you.

• 20.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-27-2018 04:10

Steve can you please provide me the proper sales team number and their timings who can advise/help me  to get a clear information about the vouchers I have.I am planning to book ,before that I would like to talk to them

• 21.  RE: JNCIA if expires can we still take JNCIS

Posted 01-27-2018 04:15

Sorry for the confusion, there is no general department or number.

I was suggesting you contact the sales engineer from either Juniper (if one is assigned to your company account) or the VAR from which your company purchases their Juniper gear.  There are some times (but not always) where they can get one time vouchers for customers to use.

As far as I know right now there is no generalized program to have vouchers to customers any more.