Training, Certification, and Career Topics
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
0 Kudos

JNCIE-ENT Lab exam

hi

I am preparing for the JNCIE-ENT lab exam so is there any idea what is the hardware that it will be used in the lab exams  and the JUNOS version , also i have mentions that NAT and IPSEC not in the JNCIE-ENT  Blueprint any more ( it was part of JNCIE-ER ) so it will not be in the exam ??

Thanks a lot

BR ,,,
Visitor
0 Kudos

Re: JNCIE-ENT Lab exam

Hi there,

JNCIE-ENT exam built on SRX240, EX4200 and JUNOS 10.4 R4.5. Exam will not have any security aspects of JUNOS.

Regards,

Ramesh 

Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh, is SRX240B enough or SRX240H, any specific interface module required? Like T1/E1 or ADSL, or just ethernet port will be use in the exam?

Contributor
0 Kudos

SRX240B should be enough as there is no security feature you need for the exam.

Contributor
0 Kudos

Tks, what about SRX210B?

Trusted Contributor
0 Kudos

The SRX210 will suffice. That is what I am using in my lab at home.

--
Chris Jones
JNCIE-ENT #272
Former JNCIP-SP
Former CCIE #25655
Former Juniper Ambassador
Highlighted
Visitor
0 Kudos

HI

I am planing to take my jncie exam,where can i get pratice is there any software?

or freelabs?

could you please assit me on this
prakashccnp@gmail.com

Contributor
0 Kudos

All is about routing and switching. i just passed few months ago...don't worry !! Juniper loves asking the default, drive me crazy...but still love its commit command Smiley Wink

Regards,

Sam
JNCIA-Junos JNCIS-ENT
Visitor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any idea if there will be T1/E1 interfaces involved at all or will the exam purely be ethernet, looking at the exam topics it seems to indicate that i should not expect to see frame-relay or ppp at all. also is the exam absolutely confined to the topics listed in the link below or are the subjects listed an indication of what may be tested on but not limited to.

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources_jncieent.html

Regards

Visitor
0 Kudos

Also what study material are you guys using? seeing how there is no JNCIE study guides or practice labs i have been working off the juniper courseware AJEX & AJER an the O'reilly enterprise Routing & switching books, these 4 books do appear to cover pretty much most of the subjects listed in the exam topics but was wondering if there was anyting else you guys recommend that would give me an extra edge in passing the exam?

Contributor
0 Kudos

I passed my exam by only using Fast Track program books and lecture. However, I have background as CCIP in Cisco world. So what i needed to know was to commands and features that included in EX series switches. BGP best selection has some differences comparing to Cisco's. O'reilly enterprise Routing & switching would be more than enough to pass the JNCIS-ENT exam. Rember: Default features are needed to remember, my experience Smiley Wink

Good Luck !

Regards,

Sam
JNCIA-Junos JNCIS-ENT
Visitor
0 Kudos

IPV6Freely, how did you study the OSPF MTR subject? i have SRX 210's and 240's in my lab running Junos 10.4R9.2 and i cannot configure the MTR feature under ospf or the routing-options (see error below), I have an M7i which I can configure it on, do you know where i can track down some documentation on how to configure MTR's on the SRX platform (assuming it is even possible on the platform at all) so that i can make sure i know it for the exam

root@SRX2# show protocols ospf

##

## Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (srx240h)

## topology red;

Other than MTR's the only other thing i'm having problems finding good documentation on is "Load Balancing Hash Flow", most of the documentation i can find about this seem to be more relevant to the MX platform and MPLS, but cannot find anything that sounds even remotly close to being relevant to the SRX's and enterprise networks, I dont suppose you know where i can also find some documentation about this subject taht is relevant to the exam?

Visitor
0 Kudos

So I found the documentation I was after regarding "Load Balancing Hash Flow" in the JNCIS-ENT study guide that is available through the Juniper Fast track program, so all sorted in regards to that subject.

As for the MTR subject I am still a bit puzzeled regarding this feature, I saw another post that IPV6Freely made saying that the exam has a combination of SRX240's and EX4200's running Junos 10.4, if this is the case I cannot see how this feature can be tested at all unless I am missing something completly obvious

Trusted Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,
Anyone with a comprehensive answer to ''MTR on SRX'' concerns above?
Eager to know.

Thanks!
Regards,
Willys W.
Visitor
0 Kudos

Hi Wendohw,

I asked a similar question about the support of MTR on SRX's in the SRX forum, no one answered that post either, what i suspect (and this is 100% speculation), is that even tho it says "MTR", MTR might have been put in the list when the exam was being developed, I have read in a few books that the low end M series (such as the M7i) are designed for service providers and large enterprises, the M series support MTR, there may have been an initial intention to throw in a M7i in the mix, however this may have made things tricky because the QOS schedulers work differently on the M series and the SRX's, what they may actually test you on is something like multi instance OSPF with firewall based forwarding and using rib groups to import routes between instances, this would allow them create similar scenarios to what they could have tested you with MTR.

Trusted Contributor
0 Kudos

MTR is not supported on the SRX platform, so this blueprint topic can be ignored. I've already contacted the Juniper certification team to have it removed. See: http://pathfinder.juniper.net/feature-explorer/feature-info.html?fKey=2458&fn=Multitopology+routing+...

--
Chris Jones
JNCIE-ENT #272
Former JNCIP-SP
Former CCIE #25655
Former Juniper Ambassador