Training and Certification

last person joined: 8 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  JNCIE - ENT and SP

Posted 01-05-2013 04:57

Hi Juniper Experts,

I know this question has been asked before but I'd like to get your inputs on using SRX110HVA for home lab.

Will these units sufficient/capable enough for home for ENT/SP studies/certifications ?

Cheers,
    VV

• 2.  RE: JNCIE - ENT and SP

Posted 01-06-2013 18:47

Anyone ?

FYI: https://www.inetzero.com/faq

<snip>

NET ZERO tested the JNCIE-SP blueprint exam topics on SRX devices and found out that the SRX devices support the features needed. By using SRX devices we reduce the cost for our SP rack rental customers, while still being able to test all features needed to study for the JNCIE-SP lab exam.

</snip>

• 3.  RE: JNCIE - ENT and SP

Posted 02-19-2013 21:56

Hi.

As I know, when passing JNCIE-ENT or JNCIE-SP, these certificates have two years validation. So, I want to ask how we recertificate them ? We have to take a hand-one lab to renew ?

• 4.  RE: JNCIE - ENT and SP

Posted 02-20-2013 01:31

Pls check out the link below:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/already-certified/recertification/

For JNCIE, "Pass the current JNCIP (written) exam in the same certification track"

• 5.  RE: JNCIE - ENT and SP

Posted 03-25-2013 06:58

They require a bit more config to disable all the security features and place in packet mode, but I don't see a problem with it... I do this when testing code for service providers.

• 6.  RE: JNCIE - ENT and SP

Posted 04-03-2013 02:37

Thanks Ben. 

• 7.  RE: JNCIE - ENT and SP
    Best Answer

Posted 05-24-2013 20:52

Yes, if in packet mode. 

Some layer 2 functions will not be avaiable on SRX in packet mode, but for the most part a SRX100 will suffice. 

I studied for the JNCIE-ENT lab using SRX210, FYI.