Training and Certification

last person joined: 8 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  JNCIE-M to JNCIE-SP

Posted 10-06-2011 05:35

Maybe i missed out something, anyway, i would like to clarify about conversion from JNCIE-M to JNCIE-SP.

I just certified JNCIE-M 2-months ago, is there any timeline for the conversion to JNCIE-SP by taking JNCIP-SP?

Any advise??? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: JNCIE-M to JNCIE-SP
    Best Answer

Posted 10-06-2011 06:53

Hi Boon Siong,

Your JNCIE-M remains in the 'Active' status for 24 months from the date of certification. If nothing is done to recertify during this time frame, your JNCIE-M moves to the 'Inactive' status for 12 months. You can recertify to the Service Provider track by earning the JNCIP-SP anytime during this 36 month period.

However, if nothing is done to recertify during the Active or Inactive periods, your certification moves to the Expired status. Certifications in the Expired status cannot be renewed. You would have to start at the beginning of the Service Provider track.

You can find more information about the new certification statuses on our website at http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/already-certified/recertification/

Regards,