Training and Certification

last person joined: 5 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
Expand all | Collapse all

JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

• 1.  JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 08-11-2011 21:05

Should we expect Boot Camp's and/or Training Materials specifically for the new labs (interested in JNCIE-SP)?  If so - will this be through Juniper or Proteus? 

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials
    Best Answer

Posted 08-12-2011 04:50

Yes, Juniper is developing boot camps for all the new E level exams.  The JNCIE-SP boot camp will be available in September or October.  It will be available through Juniper as well as any of our authorized training partners - like Proteus - who want to deliver it.  Great news for our candidates as these boot camps are now authorized by Juniper and available through out entire expanded delivery channel!

Regards,

#JNCIEbootcamp

• 3.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 08-12-2011 06:31

smashmars,

As Liz mentioned, we will have the bootcamps starting later this fall.  I've seen some of the material as it is being developed and it is really, really good.  I'm really looking forward to teaching this curriculum and hope to see you in one of the bootcamps sometime in the near future!

• 4.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 08-12-2011 06:53

Thank you Liz & Stefan!  I look forward to it!

• 5.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 08-13-2011 22:57

Hi Steve,

Do you work for Juniper? Where is your class link as I am interested in registering for JNCIE-SP bootcamp.

thanks,

• 6.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 08-14-2011 09:55

Hi Zeus,

Yes. I do work for Juniper.  We currently don't have the JNCIE-SP bootcamps available but they should start to be on the roster sometime in late fall.  Keep your eyes open on our learning portal for news of the release:

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_courses.aspx

• 7.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-05-2011 17:11

Hi,

What's the latest on the bootcamps; are they available yet?

Thanks.

• 8.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-05-2011 18:58

Hi Fi,

The JNCIE-SP bootcamp recently went live, you can find it starting to be scheduled on the training website.

The JNCIE-ENT is planned to go live in 1H2012, and then the JNCIE-SEC bootcamp also in 2012 (exact date TBD).

Regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

• 9.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-06-2011 14:31

@FiLeinster wrote:

What's the latest on the bootcamps; are they available yet?

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know some exciting news.  We've just added a bunch of dates for the JNCIE-SP bootcamps both in Sunnyvale, CA as well as in Herndon, VA.  Hope to see some of you there!

http://ht.ly/6PQ8f

• 10.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-06-2011 20:00

Hi Stefan,

I have booked JNCIE-SP bootcamp Sunnyvale, CA dated 12/12/2011. You will be JNCIE-SP bootcamp instructor  ?  

• 11.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-06-2011 23:42

Hi Stephan,

Would the bootcamps be available through Junosphere where the students can simulate the bootcamp topology on Junosphere & practise the same.

Regards

Sushil

• 12.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-07-2011 13:46

@sushilmenon wrote:

Would the bootcamps be available through Junosphere where the students can simulate the bootcamp topology on Junosphere & practise the same.

Hi Sushil,

Yes, the bootcamps will be utilizing our Junosphere platform so each student will essentially have their own rack of gear to use to simulate the entire JNCIE-SP topology!  There will be tons of practice labs and on the final day is a simulated exam.

Hope to see you in an upcoming bootcamp!

• 13.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-08-2011 01:59

Hi Stephan,

Thanks a lot for your input on Junosphere. But I have checked the Junosphere release notes as of yet it does not simulate the MX series which are for the JNCIE-SP lab neither it does support all the service provider technologies to be tested in the lab.

Pls correct me if I am wrong. Also I would like to know whether junoshere would be available for JNCIE-ENT & JNCIE-SEC lab exams as well.

Kindly please let us know.

Thanks & Regards

Sushil

• 14.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-07-2011 05:54

Pawan,

So you will be one of the first to take the JNCIE-SP boot camp.  I have heard great things about this material from the people on the cert team who have seen it.  Please post here after your experience so that we can all hear about it.

Enjoy!

Liz

#JNCIEbootcampbootcampJNCIE

• 15.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-07-2011 09:43

Hi Liz

Yea  sure !!I will post my bootcamp training experience. I am looking forward for JNCIE -SP Bootcamp training in Sunnyvale CA .It's most expensive bootcamp training for me Because I have to travel from Sydney to Sunnyvale CA..

• 16.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-07-2011 13:47

@pawan_pardeshi wrote:

It's most expensive bootcamp training for me Because I have to travel from Sydney to Sunnyvale CA..

It will be worth it, trust me!

• 17.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-07-2011 17:40

Thanks Stefan for  encouraging. I am now 100% sure it's worth to spend 8 grand on Juniper Bootcamp.

• 18.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-09-2011 13:09

Stephan,

When will the bootcamp course book be available via onfulfilment course ordering portal?

thanks,

• 19.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-14-2011 14:35

Can anyone respond to this query? I am desparately waiting for the JNCIE-SP course book.

thanks

• 20.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-14-2011 15:00

Zeus,

Please see this link for detailed information on how to prepare for the JNCIE-SP exam http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Training-Certification-and/October-5-2011-JNCP-Webcast-Playback-Now-Available/td-p/113640

We are not offering these materials for sale seperate from the class.

Regards,

• 21.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-15-2011 10:39
    JNCIE-SP boot camp book was available on onfulfillment store before webinar and now removed from there.

• 22.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-24-2011 03:13

May be need come back "JNCIE-SP boot camp book"?

I chose Juniper education and certification  because i can study it for free.

I must read ONE study guide, get some practice and pass exam.

Just now i need pay a mounth remuneration for only preparing to lab.  Also i need pay for ticket to aeroplane, pay for hotel, pay for exam. It is realy BIG money. 

• 23.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-24-2011 06:26

Yes - the JNCIE does require a fair amount of investment - but brings a big return.

Regards,

• 24.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-24-2011 09:02

Liz, may be need share JNCIE-SP study guide or JNCIE-SP bootcamp book?

Or may be possibility purchase Study matiries? It is needed for a people who can study itself and have some juniper device. I cann't understand why i need pay a lot of money if i can study itself? I can sit in an armchair at my home and do lab and prepare for lab on my mx-routers 😃 Is it incorrect way for preparing? Why you thing that a bootcamp is the best and single choise for preparing to exam?

• 25.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 11-06-2013 14:55

Is there any JNCIE-SP bootcamps  planned for new 12.3 version....

In the site i found only bootcamps only for 10.3

• 26.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 11-07-2013 05:56

Hi shivalms,

Note that for the JNCIE-SP exam, the recent update to Junos 12.3 does not include any change in scope/content.  All study resources for this exam, including the current JNCIE-SP Bootcamp course, remain valid.

Regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

• 27.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-07-2011 13:44

@pawan_pardeshi wrote:

Hi Stefan,

I have booked JNCIE-SP bootcamp Sunnyvale, CA dated 12/12/2011. You will be JNCIE-SP bootcamp instructor  ?  

Hi Pawan,

Unfortunately no, I will not be the instructor in Sunnyvale in December.  But another one of our stellar rockstar instructors will be teaching you and you are going to be in very good hands!  Enjoy the training and may the force be with you on your lab attempt (assuming you will eventually sit JNCIE-SP).

Cheers,

• 28.  RE: JNCIE-SP Boot Camp and Related Materials

Posted 10-07-2011 17:33

Hi Stefan,

I was hoping  you will be JNCIE bootcamp instructor but you are not. I am  disappointed  😞  I am preparing for JNCIE-SP lab and reading , following your blog on

Shared by Stefan Fouant in Juniper Networks Certified Professionals.

This is an excellent source of information for JNCIE.  Thanks for sharing the information.

I am appearing the JNCIE -SP Lab on 19th Dec' 2011in Seoul South Korea after completing the bootcamp .