Training, Certification, and Career Topics
Visitor
mp9750

JNCIE-SP Exam Topics?

Hi Liz and all, I realize the JNCIE-SP exam is pretty new but as i'm starting my preparation study for this exam, i noticed that the Exam Topics listed in http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources_jnciesp.html are pretty high level and really do not give enough details on what the candidates should focus on. For example: a) There is no mention of IPv6 - so what should we assume? Is it in the exam or not ? If it is, to what level? Basic routing, 6VPE etc... b) On the VPN section - is VPLS in the exam? And what about MVPN? And i could go on and on... If i compare the level of details given on the JNCIE-SP exam topics list to the old JNCIE-M/T exam topics list, there is a big gap. The JNCIE-M/T exam topics list had much more details in it. Can you provide comments or/and suggestions? Thank you!
CCIE R&S, CCIP, JNCIA-M, JNCIS-M, JNCIP-M
Regular Visitor
sergey.uzhakin@gmail.com

Re: JNCIE-SP Exam Topics?

I am also very interested in getting more details on JNCIE-SP. I have already booked my exam and currently lack of any detailed information leaves me puzzled and forces to cover too many topics in preparation..

Regular Visitor
spade

same here. A detailed blueprint of the lab exam would be great.

Contributor
syang

Same here, I have dedicated my track study on JNICE-SP. I want to understand this due to the high-level Obljectives is too simple.

1. l2vpn point-to-point PW, vpls or other l2 VLLs included or not?

2. QoS with l3vpn and TE-DS only? or QoS with vpls as well?

3. CsC model or not?

4. mvpn?

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Sam

SingTel | Optus Business |
JNCIE SP
CCIE RS
Visitor
mp9750

Would really appreciate if anyone from Juniper could comment on this thread. It looks like there are a few people that would benefit from this. Thank you!
Contributor
syang

I think we will know it when anyone goes to exam.:smileyvery-happy:

Kind Regards,
Sam

SingTel | Optus Business |
JNCIE SP
CCIE RS
Recognized Expert
sfouant

[ Edited ]

syang wrote:

Same here, I have dedicated my track study on JNICE-SP. I want to understand this due to the high-level Obljectives is too simple.

1. l2vpn point-to-point PW, vpls or other l2 VLLs included or not?

2. QoS with l3vpn and TE-DS only? or QoS with vpls as well?

3. CsC model or not?

4. mvpn?

Thanks,

Just follow the exam objectives as listed on the JNCIE-SP Exam Objectives certification page (http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources_jnciesp.html) and you should be good to go.  Without breaking NDA, all I can really say is that if you don't see it listed on the exam objectives you can be pretty sure it's not going to appear on the exam.

Stefan Fouant
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCI
Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks

Follow us on Twitter @JuniperEducate

--
If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Kudos are always appreciated!
Super Contributor
Liz Burns

Great to hear you all are interested in the JNCIE-SEC exam.  The exam description is about as much detial as we are willing to provide.  A JNCIE is expected to have a very broad and deep level of skills and knowledge hence we expect that you would be prepared on a broad range of topics. 

We will have a JNCIE-SEC boot camp available to help candidates prepare for the exam.  Look for that later in the year.

Regards,

Liz Burns
Director, Education Services
Certification and Marketing Programs

Kudos are always appreciated!
Visitor
mbianchi

Hi Liz,

They are asking about the JNCIE-SP exam... Not the SEC.  And I have to agree with the forum on this topic.

Looking at the old JNCIE-M exam, the objectives are very extensive and well detailed:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources_jnciem.html

The exam topics for the JNCIE-SP are too broad... Where does one begin when wanting to study for the JNCIE-SP?  It can be somewhat overwhelming

Visitor
mp9750

Liz, thank you for your answer, but we are talking about the JNCIE-SP exam NOT the JNCIE-SEC.

The lack of details on the current JNCIE-SP exam topic list means that we either have to study everything under the moon OR assume that topics that do not appear in the list will not be in the exam (BAD thing to do as one thing that the networking industry has taught me is to NEVER assume anything).

Thanks,

Andre-

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.