Training and Certification

last person joined: 8 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  JNCIE-SP

Posted 12-24-2014 13:12

I have a couple of questions regarding JNCIE-SP ,

1) Putty or SecureCRT in amsterdam ?

2) Do you get documentation in form of a searchable website or as PDFs ?

3) Is exam delivered in Electronic or Paper form ( I prefer paper )

Thanks

• 2.  RE: JNCIE-SP

Posted 12-24-2014 17:42

1) Don't know, but I think this would be the least of your worries.

2) What documentation?  The study materials can be found on the web in various forms via the Juniper documentation site, the Learning Center, RFCs, books, etc.  What specific "documentation" are you expecting?

3) AFAIK, the JNCIE-SP is all a lab-based exam.  Even if it wasn't, I have never taken a certification exam in 15 years that has been on paper.

JNCIE-SP has prerequisites - you can't just go and take the IE level lab without having gone through the full -SP path:

http://www.juniper.net/as/en/training/certification/service_provider_track.page

• 3.  RE: JNCIE-SP

Posted 12-25-2014 10:38

from past experience taking expert level exams from different vendors its this little things that matter ,  If anyone has the answer to this that will be great . I hardly use secure crt , if its secure crt ill like to get comfortable with it for a  one week before my exam .

In cisco CCIE you have access to their documentation website during the exam , so will techpubs http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/ be available during the exam  ?

Basically for the last question  here is what i  mean : are the topologies /  lab tasks on a screen , or are they on paper , when i took the CCIE many years ago it was all paper but they switched over to digital recently . I will be taken the JNCIE-SP exam in a few weeks and i will like to know .

if anyone has authoritative answers it will be much appreciated.

• 4.  RE: JNCIE-SP
    Best Answer

Posted 12-25-2014 23:48

Hi,

Below is the answer from the failure canfidate (me):

1.) They give pdf format as your rereference but in separate topic. For example techdoc but in each topic .

2.) The question is give on paper but the answer on full lab.

Thanks