Training, Certification, and Career Topics
Recognized Expert
JCert

Re: JNCIP/E-ENT Lab Hardware + JUNOS Versions

[ Edited ]

Hi csnow,

For s/w, expect something in the 10.x/11.x range.

We don't advertise h/w specifics for lab exams, other than general platforms.  And to that point, I can tell you that you have the right mix with what you have listed there.

Regards,

Kieran

Trusted Contributor
JunosChris

Yes, it absolutely makes sense to not release details of the actual lab topology. I suppose in all reality, it would be better to ask somebody like Doug Marshke what he intends to use in the new -ENT track book, since that's what we'd want to emulate to practice. 

It's a shame that there are no training vendors (official, or otherwise) that offer self-study workbooks, such as InternetworkExpert or IPExpert has for the CCIE tracks. I think this is a huge niche and could make a whole lot of money if somebody with the right skillset was inclined to do so. 

As far as lab hardware goes, I know what will be in the lab (thanks to an NDA I signed while out for dinner with some Juniper guys), I just don't know how many of each device. Now, without breaking the NDA, I think its fair to say that the assumptions made so far have been good ones - however keep in mind that the -ER track also had some Cisco routers in the mix, and my guess is that the -ENT will be no different. In fact (and this is all of course 100% speculation) I would almost expect there to be a couple of Cisco switches in there too, for working with spanning-tree interoperability.

Hope that helps!

--
Chris Jones
Juniper Ambassador
JNCIE-ENT #272
JNCIP-SP
CCIE #25655
Contributor
csnow

I dont see how knowing that there are 2  or 4 or 18 switches in the topology would give an unfair advantage.  Cisc o may not "advertise" how many switches are in the topology but anyone can tell you how many there are.  Is that  really an advantage?  Common.....REALLY? 

Christopher Snow
CCIE #13083 (R/S and Security)
Trusted Contributor
JunosChris

Well there ya go, you answered your own question. Cisco won't tell you their topology, and neither will Juniper. You'll have to ask somebody who has taken the exam who is willing to violate their NDA for those details.
--
Chris Jones
Juniper Ambassador
JNCIE-ENT #272
JNCIP-SP
CCIE #25655
Contributor
jrrennie

This might help build up your lab??

Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS)
IJOS
Bracknell UK
Avnet UK
Monday, January 16, 2012 9:30 AM GMT
This course is being bundled with JRE/JIR/JEX and included in the price will be an EX2200C to take away.
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.