Training and Certification

last person joined: 3 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  JNCIS-M to JNCIP-SP

Posted 06-25-2011 19:10

Hi

I have a valid JNCIS-M Certification. I want to change my track. I would liket to do JNCIP-SP.

The Prerequisite certification of  JNCIP-SP

• JNCIS-SP.
    • Acceptable substitution: JNCIP-M

Actually I am little bit confuse about " Acceptable substitution: JNCIP-M".

Also I need to know this is Juniper training facility available in Pakistan specially in Karachi ?

Regards

satifhr

• 2.  RE: JNCIS-M to JNCIP-SP
    Best Answer

Posted 06-27-2011 13:32

HI satifhr,

Can you clarify where you are seeing this info?

The correct info is on this page - http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/service_provider_track.html#jncipsp :

Prerequisite certification: JNCIS-SP. Acceptable substitution: JNCIS-M

So your JNCIS-M is a valid pre-req for the JNCIP-SP.

Juniper training in Pakistan is available through Inteqna (www.inteqna.net).

Regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech lead, JNCP

• 3.  RE: JNCIS-M to JNCIP-SP

Posted 07-07-2011 04:53

Hi,

You need to check with Juniper, but they are arranging some exams in Islamabad, the one i know about is on 25th July 2011.

thanks

• 4.  RE: JNCIS-M to JNCIP-SP

Posted 07-19-2011 23:38

Hey can you please recommend me study guides for JNCIS-SP exam. I am a self lerner and want text books or e-books for JNCIS-SP exam.

• 5.  RE: JNCIS-M to JNCIP-SP

Posted 07-20-2011 08:05

Hi Manas,

There are three general areas you will need cover for this exam: routing, SP switching, and MPLS/VPNs.

For the routing piece, you can study from the routing topics in the JNCIS-ENT guide on the FastTrack  portal (www.juniper.net/fasttrack).

For the other pieces, you can get the courseware for self-study here - http://www.onfulfillment.com/JuniperTrainingPublic/WelcomePublic.aspx?sid=323.  You want the JSPR and JMV courses.

Good luck with your studies, regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

• 6.  RE: JNCIS-M to JNCIP-SP

Posted 07-21-2011 02:32

Hi All,

I'm very2 confius....One of the Sales Manager Juniper (Malaysia) told us to get JNCIP-SP the candidate need to take JNCIA-JUNOS-->JNCIS-SP-->JNCIP-SP. But in the web site told different it said from JNCIS-M can go direct to JNCIP-SP. Hopefully someone from Juniper site can confirm this. Appreciate Juniper feedback. Thanks

• 7.  RE: JNCIS-M to JNCIP-SP

Posted 07-21-2011 06:45

Hi kronicklez,

The approach of JNCIA-JUNOS-->JNCIS-SP-->JNCIP-SP applies if you don't curenlty have any Juniper certifications.

If you have existing certifications, you can leverage your existing certs and transition to the new program.  You are correct that your JNCIS-M is a valid pre-requisite to go directly to JNCIP-SP.

Info on transitioning to the new program is here -

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/news/2011/20110209-recert-table.html

Regards,

Kieran

• 8.  RE: JNCIS-M to JNCIP-SP

Posted 07-21-2011 18:37

Hi JCert,

Many thanks for your explanation and that URL. So now i understand and that Sales Manager Juniper (give some mistake information) coz may be he also confius with this track. Thanks again

• 9.  RE: JNCIS-M to JNCIP-SP

Posted 11-01-2011 14:31

How applicable is the old JNCIP, from Sybex, studyguide to the new JNCIP-SP exam?  I'm certified JNCIS-M and want to leverage this cert before it expires in Feb.  I realize the old track is a lab exam but are the concepts the same, and are there any additional concepts?

Thanks in advance. 

• 10.  RE: JNCIS-M to JNCIP-SP

Posted 11-01-2011 15:07

Hi red,

The Sybex guides conitinue to be useful study resources where their topics overlap topics on the new exams.   For example, OSPF authentication is still OSPF authentication.

Yes, the new exams generally do have additional concepts, be sure to check the blueprint for the relevant exam.  (JNCIP-SP blueprint - http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/service_provider_track.html#jncipsp .

Regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

• 11.  RE: JNCIS-M to JNCIP-SP

Posted 11-01-2011 16:14

Thanks for the reply.  Looks like I have a lot of reading to do!