Training and Certification

last person joined: 7 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Junos Genius

Posted 07-27-2013 15:45

Here is what Juniper advertises:

The Junos Genius app takes certification exam preparation to a new level. With Junos Genius you can practice for your exam with flashcards, simulate a live exam in a timed challenge, and even build a virtual network with device achievements earned by challenging Juniper instructors. Download the app now andUnlock your Genius today!

Junos Genius Features:

• Practice in Study Mode—over 200 multiple choice exam questions and answer explanations, many with CLI snapshots
    • Simulate an exam in Time Challenge Mode
    • Earn device achievements by winning in Instructor Challenge Mode
    • Build a virtual network with device achievements
    • Track your results in the app and Game Center
    • Share your network through Facebook and Twitter

Download the app now in the Apple AppStore or Google Play.

The problem is that I cannot find it in Google play. I can see that it is available in itunes.

I use an Android phone and would like to download and use this app.

• 2.  RE: Junos Genius
    Best Answer

Posted 07-28-2013 10:45

Lyndidon,

Watch for the app in Google Play this week.

Cheers,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

• 3.  RE: Junos Genius

Posted 08-03-2013 00:15

So much for the Genius. Incompatible with my Android device. Huawei M860 😞

• 4.  RE: Junos Genius

Posted 08-16-2013 02:12

Please see my review in the play store (see below). Another flawed effort on Android by Juniper again (the 1on1 app is truly flawed) - I can't comment on Apple devices but I suspect it's much better (hopefully) - I know Android fragmentation is a pig - but at least test a bit more - I'm sure there are ways to make an Android app that works on more devices with more effort and testing. It might be that you are replying on some 3rd party app that ports Apple apps to Android, rather than developing it by following Google guidelines and processes independently.

"Limited content and navigation issues More content soon please. Much better than the 1on1 app (which is so limited resolution wise to be useless) but pressing back in various places causes issues. And the drag down function in the question section gives options that don't work or you get stuck! Please please test these apps more, it doesn't reflect well on juniper. The screen grabs you have uploaded are on an emulator!! A colleague with a tablet can't see in the play store. How do you buy more content, some ui elements overlap etc etc!"

• 5.  RE: Junos Genius

Posted 09-24-2013 11:54

found the app in google play, but it won't install on my nexus 7Smiley Mad

• 6.  RE: Junos Genius

Posted 09-24-2013 12:13

jshields, all,

If you have issues with JG on your device, please feel free to send me a PM with info about your device (Android/iOS version, handset model, etc) and the issue (won't install, display glitch, certain feature does not work, etc.) , along with screenshots if possible.  We will pass this info along to our app developer and get fixes into future releases.

Thanks, cheers,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

• 7.  RE: Junos Genius

Posted 10-30-2013 15:56

You can find a writeup on JunOS Genius here:

Junos Genius: your APP for Juniper Networks certifications