Training, Certification, and Career Topics
Visitor
scozzie

Network Architect Certification

Will Juniper be releasing a certification track with focus on design and architecture rather than product hands on certifcations?
Distinguished Expert
Screenie

Re: Network Architect Certification

I Don't know, but it could be. There's a course (Desiging the data centre) released on the subject.

best regards,

Screenie.
Juniper Ambassador,
JNCIA IDP AC WX JNCIS FW SSL JNCIP SEC ENT SP JNCI

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.
Super Contributor
Liz Burns

We are investigating a Data Center Design certification for the 2nd half of 2011.  No defenitive plans at this point.

What specific type of certification would you like to see?  What "job role" that is not currently covered?

Regards,

Liz

Liz Burns
Director, Education Services
Certification and Marketing Programs

Kudos are always appreciated!
Visitor
scozzie

Thanks for the response. I would like to see an equivalent to Cisco CCDE and the Cisco Architect qualification.
Super Contributor
Liz Burns

Can your provide some detials on the job role you think these are relevent for?  Why does Juniper need certifications like this?  I can tell you that these two certifications, which Cisco launched about a year ago, are not very popular and Cisco is having some significant issues with them.  This is why we have choosen to move a little more slowly - making sure we have a well defined job role/career certification and market need.

Liz Burns
Director, Education Services
Certification and Marketing Programs

Kudos are always appreciated!
Visitor
scozzie

These certs differentiate from OS configuration command and implementations specifics and address the needs of those involved in design who do not need to know what commands are required to configure a feature/capability but understand design rational/limitation and provide supporting documentation for implementors to complete the command component of a solution.

Visitor
rameshk

Hi there,

we dont have anything going on architect exam right now, we do have plan at some point.

Thanks,
Ramesh

JNCP

Visitor
scozzie

Thanks for the information. i look forward to seeing sonething in this area.
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.