Training, Certification, and Career Topics
Super Contributor
Liz Burns

PROGRAM UPDATE - JNCIA-Junos exam being updated 10/29

Effective October 29, 2010, the JN0-100 Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate–Junos (JNCIA-Junos) exam will be retired and replaced by the JN0-101 exam. The JN0-101 exam includes a refresh of the existing questions, and we have also removed the questions that refer to the contents of the Junos Troubleshooting Platforms course that was EOL effective September 30, 2010. This action reflects an update of the JNCIA-Junos exam and has no impact on existing certifications.

PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to register for the new JN0-101 exam at Prometric until Friday, October 29.

The JNCIA-Junos certification is designed for experienced networking professionals with beginner-intermediate knowledge of the Juniper Networks Junos OS, networking fundamentals and basic internet routing. JN0-101 exam topics are based on the content of the Introduction to Junos OS, Junos Routing Essentials, and Networking Fundamentals E-learning training courses.

The JNCIA-Junos certification is valid for two years. Recertification is achieved by passing the current version of the JNCIA-Junos exam.

Regards,

Liz Burns
Director, Education Services
Certification and Marketing Programs

Kudos are always appreciated!
Visitor
Ibrahim

Re: PROGRAM UPDATE - JNCIA-Junos exam being updated 10/29

I appreciate the efforts put into upgrading the Juniper Certification Program. It encouraged me to start my certification track with Juniper.

Unfortunately, I was not lucky on my first exam JNCIA-Junos. This is because Fast Track study resources were updated with the new exam topics some time before the exam itself was updated. The Junos Troubleshooting Platforms topics were still included in the exam but were removed from the preparation resources.

I appreciate if the program updates become more synchronized.

Is it possible to get another fast track voucher for the new exam as it is a different one now? This will also make it up for me.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Super Contributor
Liz Burns

Ibrahim,

I am sorry that you were caught by the "between" stage when the FT materials were updated but not the exam.  We will typically release materials four weeks or so before the exam change as we feel most folks will take up to four weeks to study for their exam after the training.  However, that does need to be well communicated so I thank you for your comments.  The next exam update is the exam supporting our JNCIS-SEC certification.  We are actually overlaping those exams two weeks so that people can take the old exam if they have studed that.

Regards,

Liz Burns

Visitor
sgolti

Hi

Is there any second attempt facility available for any exam if we fail in first attempt?

Thanks in Advance

SATYA

Super Contributor
Liz Burns

Satya,

I am not sure I understand your question exactly but will attempt an answer.  You are always able to retake a written exam if you do not pass.  We do have a retake policy that requires you to wait 14 days between attempts after you have failed a second time.  You can find this policy documented here http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/cert_policies.html#written_exams.

I hope this answered your question.

Regards,

Liz Burns

Visitor
sgolti

Hi Liz Burns,

Thanks for reply, but I could not get clear information on second attempt, do I need to pay again the exam fees for second attempt, if I fail on first attempt? If yes, is there any concession in exam fees?

Super Contributor
Liz Burns

[ Edited ]

Second attempts of an exam are at the same price as the first USD $100 for the JNCIA and USD$200 for JNCIS.

Liz Burns

Distinguished Expert
spuluka

Liz,

Satya is refering to the long running program by Microsoft called "Second Shot" where retakes are included as a promotion or come with purchases of courseware bundles.  This is essentially a marketing push to encourage completion of the certification for those that have difficulty with the test.

I'm sure the MS marketing and promotion budgets are a lot larger than Juniper's.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/special-offers.aspx

Steve Puluka BSEET
Juniper Ambassador
Senior Network Engineer - UPMC Pittsburgh, PA
JNCIA-ER JNCIA-EX JNCIS-SEC JNCIP-SEC
JNCIS-FWV JNCIS-SSL
MCP - Managing Server 2003 MCP - Windows XP Professional
MCTS Windows 7
http://puluka.com/home
New User
bkannan

Hello,

What is the passing criteria for the JNCIA JUNOS?

Thx

Recognized Expert
JCert

Hi bkannan,

If you are asking about the passing score, see this thread: http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Training-Certification-and/JNCIS-ENT-passing-grade/td-p/65574.

Regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.