Training and Certification

last person joined: 8 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  QOS error with Olive

Posted 07-31-2011 05:18

Hello All ,

I am trying to simulate some QOS commands on Vmware , but I get the below error every time I try to attach the interface to a certain forwarding class using the command " set class-of-service interfaces em3 unit 0 forwarding-class Q1-Pri-dat"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

root@Student-router# commit 
    [edit class-of-service interfaces]
    'em3'
    Cannot configure class-of-service on interface em3.
    error: configuration check-out failed

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Any clue what is the problem

#vmware
    #QOS
    #olive

• 2.  RE: QOS error with Olive

Posted 07-31-2011 09:50

Hi,

unfortunately I don't have an exact clue what's the issue or how to fix this, but experience shows that the more use of real forwarding-hardware on a real router a feature makes the more likely it is not to work. Please see Juniper clue: Olive: Tested and apparently not working

Best Regards

Ulf

• 3.  RE: QOS error with Olive
    Best Answer

Posted 07-31-2011 10:05
    Hi there,

Olives don't have a dedicated forwarding-engine (PFE), so anything which requires PFE components to operate won't work. This includes things like QoS functionality, firewall-filters, multicast forwarding and replication, and many other functions. Olives can be used to reproduce all functionality which exists on the Control Plane (Routing Engine), so pretty much all routing protocols and similar functionality can be reproduced with Olive.

HTHs.

• 4.  RE: QOS error with Olive

Posted 08-01-2011 01:48

Thanks for your help 

• 5.  RE: QOS error with Olive

Posted 08-01-2011 08:50

@GeorgeKamel82 wrote:

Thanks for your help 

Your welcome! 🙂