Training and Certification

last person joined: 5 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  QUESTIONS ::: regarding JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC exams ?

Posted 08-14-2011 12:59
    1 > In JNCIP-sec or JNCIE-SEC are we expecting to get only JUNOS related security questinos or SCREENOS is also included in the syllabus ? 2> Also J-WEB would be permitted if anyone plans to take JNCIE-SEC or J-WEB will NOT be permitted to use for the lab exam ? 3> Can we expect IC 4500(UAC) , or Network Mgmt (STRM or NSM Xpress type) of devices on JNCIE-SEC (lab) or JNCIP-SEC written exam ? waiting for answers....!!!! a juniper "enthusiast"

• 2.  RE: QUESTIONS ::: regarding JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC exams ?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-14-2011 14:23

@kamran_shakil wrote:
    1 > In JNCIP-sec or JNCIE-SEC are we expecting to get only JUNOS related security questinos or SCREENOS is also included in the syllabus ?
    The ScreenOS has a separate track.  The SEC track is only Junos related security configuration.
    2> Also J-WEB would be permitted if anyone plans to take JNCIE-SEC or J-WEB will NOT be permitted to use for the lab exam ?
    J-web is installed and available by default.  But you will need to manage time and there are some items that do not configure at all or easily via J-web.  Be sure you know how to configure what is in the test outline either way and use what is fastest for you.
    3> Can we expect IC 4500(UAC) , or Network Mgmt (STRM or NSM Xpress type) of devices on JNCIE-SEC (lab) or JNCIP-SEC written exam ? waiting for answers....!!!! a juniper "enthusiast"
    These products are all not Junos so are not included in the Junos Security track.  UAC has an independant track for certification.  STRM and NSM do not.

• 3.  RE: QUESTIONS ::: regarding JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC exams ?

Posted 01-13-2014 15:42

What kind of dynamic routing to you need to know for the JNCIE-SEC test

• 4.  RE: QUESTIONS ::: regarding JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC exams ?

Posted 01-13-2014 15:51

Routing protocols are not part of the Security exam track.  See the complete list of topics for the exams on the education pages.

JNCIP-SEC topics

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources_jncip-sec.html

JNCIE-SEC topics

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources_jnciesec.html

• 5.  RE: QUESTIONS ::: regarding JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC exams ?

Posted 01-13-2014 23:31

Hi

They do have "DRP over a tunnel" in JNCIE-SEC. DRP = dynamic routing protocols.

So, as with other blueprint topics, you are supposed to know/understand anything that

can be behind this vague wording.

• 6.  RE: QUESTIONS ::: regarding JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC exams ?

Posted 01-15-2014 08:14

Dear Petr 

Do you think IS-IS/RIP are included in the exam ? IS-IS for sure is not , as it uses a specific family iso , which could not be used over ipsec tunnel , and  RIP I consider obsulate , nowadays , no one is using it (am I right? )

Regards

• 7.  RE: QUESTIONS ::: regarding JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC exams ?

Posted 01-16-2014 02:48

Hi

IS-IS - you are right, can't be used via tunnel (even with GRE) so I think you may skip it.

RIP - well, some are still using it. Even large ISPs sometimes need dynamic routing to small customer's boxes that sometimes only support RIP. So RIP is still not dead and I recommend that you have a look at it. I don't know if it is on exam, but it is very simple protocol so it will not take too much time to get familiar with it.