Training, Certification, and Career Topics
Recognized Expert
sfouant

Re: Question on about courses from onfulfillment.com

IIRC, the voucher that comes with the Onfulfillment courseware is only valid for JNCIA-Junos, JNCIS-SP, JNCIS-ENT, or JNCIS-SEC.  I don't think they are valid towards JNCIP-level exams, but I could be wrong...  I do know for a fact however, that they cannot be used towards non-Junos tracks.

Stefan Fouant
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCI
Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks

Follow us on Twitter @JuniperEducate

--
If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Kudos are always appreciated!
Contributor
ryansutton

Stefan,

They are good for the professional level exams as well. I have one sitting in front of me that I got from the Juniper Service Provider Switching courseware.

Recognized Expert
sfouant

Cool deal... thanks for the additional info...

Stefan Fouant

--
Contributor
csnow

Thanks Stefan for the encouragement.  I know the JNCIE crowd is much smaller and exclusive.  I look forward to joining your ranks on the Enterprise and Security track.  I just finised putting the lab together and I hope to start taking the exams very soon.  Here is my lab setup:

2 - EX4200

2 - SRX650

2  - SRX240 (B)

5 - SRX210 (H)

4 - SRX100 (B)

7 - T1 cards

1 - 2811with 4 dual T1 controller cards for frame-relay switch and NM-32A card for terminal services.

1 - M7i 

Really looking forward to the journey.  I am really a N00B on JunOS though but its very intuitive thus far.  The redistribution is a little awkward to me, but I will get used to it.

Christopher Snow
CCIE #13083 (R/S and Security)
Recognized Expert
sfouant

Chris,

That is a monster lab... As long as you put in the prep time, you are going to kill it with that setup.

Welcome to a new and exciting, and IMHO a better way... We are happy to help as you embark on this journey!
Stefan Fouant

--
Contributor
csnow

Yeah, its a great rack that I can do a lot with.  I wanted to recreate the Enterprise Routing book which has 13 routers, so I just pieced this together over the last year.  I delayed field replacement of some Cisco routers at work to build the lab.  My company has been very good to me allowing me to use the equipment.  I know I will be able to use this for the ENT and Security tracks, but I dont think it will take me throuh the service provider track.  You having all three is pretty darn impressive.  You been an over-achiever long?  :smileyhappy:

Christopher Snow
CCIE #13083 (R/S and Security)
Recognized Expert
sfouant

csnow wrote:

Yeah, its a great rack that I can do a lot with.  I wanted to recreate the Enterprise Routing book which has 13 routers, so I just pieced this together over the last year.  I delayed field replacement of some Cisco routers at work to build the lab.  My company has been very good to me allowing me to use the equipment.  I know I will be able to use this for the ENT and Security tracks, but I dont think it will take me throuh the service provider track.  You having all three is pretty darn impressive.  You been an over-achiever long?  :smileyhappy:

Chris,

I think you will be surprised what you can and cannot do with that lab setup.  You do realize you can set your SRX platforms to run in packet-mode correct?  This would allow those devices to behave more like our traditional router platforms.

Regarding your overly generous comments, it's not called over-achievement, rather it's called ADD :smileyhappy:

Stefan Fouant

--
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.