Training and Certification

last person joined: 7 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  ReCertificate Question

Posted 07-13-2011 18:30

Hi,

I have some question about recertificate, Now i'm holding JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-ER and JNCIA-EX.

- if take JNCIS-ENT what certificate will auto recertificate and name of certificate will recieve.

- if take JNCIS-SEC what certificate will auto recertificate and name of certificate will recieve.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: ReCertificate Question

Posted 07-14-2011 18:42

Hello,

Passing the exam supporting the JNCIS-ENT awards you this certification. No other certification is awarded and your JNCIS-ER is not renewed, as this is a legacy certification being phased out.

Passing the exam supporting the JNCIS-SEC again renews your current JNCIS-SEC. As well, you can advance your certification on this track by passing the exam supporting the JNCIP-SEC and your JNCIS-SEC is also renewed.

NOTE: Appropriate prerequisite certifications must be active and not expired when earning the aforementioned certifications

Please visit our website for more information regarding the Enterprise Routing & Switching and Junos Security certification tracks at http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/e_track.html and http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/es_track.html

Regards,

• 3.  RE: ReCertificate Question

Posted 07-15-2011 04:23
    Hi

I need to know if I take jncis-ent or jncis-sec my jncia-ex will be auto replace to jncia-junos? Or if I want to recertificate my jncia-ex must be take jncia-junos.

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: ReCertificate Question
    Best Answer

Posted 07-15-2011 09:24

Hello,

Earning the JNCIS-ENT/SEC will renew the JNCIA-JUNOS, if this certificate was already held. If you do not already have a JNCIA-JUNOS, one is not automatically granted to you in this case.

The JNCIA-EX is not renewed because this is a legacy certification being phased out.

You will be able to use your JNCIA-EX as a substitute for the JNCIA-JUNOS where it is a required pre-requisite.

Regards,

• 5.  RE: ReCertificate Question

Posted 07-16-2011 01:14

Hi Tyler Shields

Your infomation was very clearly.

Thank you