Training and Certification

last person joined: 8 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Which Certification to choose

Posted 11-28-2009 13:36

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with this....I want to start with a certification but Im not sure which one to choose....I saw that there is another track JNCIA-JUNOS (JN0-100) Fast Track...besides the other ones ....

Which one is better to start with ..the JN0-100 or JNCIA-IDP,SSLWX,DX,ER...

I have my CCNA and now I want to focus on Juniper ...I found out from a friend of mine last year but I didn't had time to check it out...

Tks in advance

Regards,

Montana

• 2.  RE: Which Certification to choose
    Best Answer

Posted 11-28-2009 13:51

It's all depending on the solutions you want to work with! My advise in generall: go for the JUNOS tracks security and switching.

• 3.  RE: Which Certification to choose

Posted 11-29-2009 02:25

Hi Screenie,

Im interested more in security and also routing and switching but I look into it.....

Any sugestions are open...

Thank you...

• 4.  RE: Which Certification to choose

Posted 11-29-2009 03:34

Sure, but on SRX JUNOS is security. On EX JUNOS is switching on M series it's routing (:-

The content of certification is maybe best decribed in the corresponding courses: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/technical_education/.

• 5.  RE: Which Certification to choose

Posted 11-29-2009 10:23

I think I will go ahead and start with (JNCIA-JUNOS) and then with JNCIA-IDP,SSL,WX,DX...

Tks for the tip Screenie....

• 6.  RE: Which Certification to choose

Posted 11-29-2009 13:59

DX ? I wouldn't do that! It's discontinued....

• 7.  RE: Which Certification to choose

Posted 01-27-2010 06:19

Hi,

Your best bet will be to start wtih JNCIA-JUNOS.  Then you can follow whatever path you wish in the Fast Track program.

Cheers

• 8.  RE: Which Certification to choose

Posted 04-17-2012 05:34

Hi,

I am uncertain as to which certification to do next. I have recently passed the Jncis-Sec paper and logically i should move on to Jncip-Sec but im choosing between doing that or Jncis-SP and then moving on to Jncip-SP as i've been told it holds better prospects. I guess my real question should be; in terms of job availabilities and employee demand, worth and pay package which track promises the most.

Thank you in advance.