Training, Certification, and Career Topics
Contributor
v_pravdin

Who is passed JNCIP-SP?

[ Edited ]
Hi!
Who is passed JNCIP-SP? What about different between "Practice Test" and "Real prometric"?
JNCIP-SP
Recognized Expert
Tyler B

Re: Who is passed JNCIP-SP?

v_pravdin,

Are you aware that use of, or request for, "dumps" on Juniper exams is considered a violation of our exam security policies?  Juniper is committed to protecting the integrity and reputation of our certifications.  Candidates using "dumps" of actual exam questions impact the entire population of JNCP certified professionals by damaging the reputation of the credential earned. 

Below is a summary of our Exam Security policy in relation to the use of 'dump' materials:

Juniper Networks identifies the following activities as exam fraud. Any individual or organization discovered to be engaging in these activities, whether they know it is exam fraud or not, is subject to corrective action.

• Using live exam questions and or exam answers to prepare for the exam. Disclosing protected exam material, distributing protected exam material, or both, which includes sharing exam questions with other exam takers, members of your study group, colleagues, etc.
  • Requesting access to exam questions or other protected exam material in forums or other social networking sites.
  • Engaging others to take an exam on your behalf.
  • Giving or receiving unauthorized assistance when taking an exam.
  • Possessing or using unauthorized materials when taking an exam, which includes notes, recording devices, photographic devices or any other means.
  • Retaking an exam in violation of the Juniper Networks exam retake policy.
  • Altering exam scores, your score report, or both.
  • Reproducing exam materials by any means, including reconstruction through memorization.

Any of these violations, or any other violation that compromises the security of the Juniper Networks certification, could result in revo­cation of your certification, barring you from future participation in the program, or both.

The full Exam Security policy is available at:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/policies-exam/exam-security/

Lastly, you can also find all the information you need to know on how to prepare for exams on our web site (www.juniper.net/certification/).  We encourage you to do the hard work most JNCP certified professionals follow to learn the subject matter required and pass the exam legitimately.

Regards,

Tyler Buchinski
Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP)
--
Kudos are always appreciated!
Contributor
v_pravdin

I didn't use dumps! I want know who can pass or fail JNCIP-SP. What different between JNCIS-M exam and JNCIP-SP
I have many question:
1) Why recommend reading rfc 2328(OSPF), but rfc 1142(IS-IS) is absence?
2) How deep inspect knowledge in multicast? Must I read inter domain multicast routing?
3) What about MPLS? Can I read only "One day book" or MPLS-enabled application needed too?
4) What about automatization? It is only Junos script or Junos space too?
JNCIP-SP
Recognized Expert
Tyler B

[ Edited ]

Hello,

In accordance with our Privacy Policy, we do not publish pass/fail details for any exams in this regard.

You can access details regarding the M/T Series legacy certification track and the new Service Provider Routing & Switching certification track on our website at http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/certification-tracks/ 

The JNet forum is a great place to interact with other Juniper Networks Certified professionals in many regards, including questions about study materials utilized by others, etc.

However, asking about 'brain dump' materials in this forum may not yield the response you are looking for. While you have not used any 'brain dump' materials, we always respond to anyone asking about such materials in any regard on JNet to ensure they are aware of our Security Policy in relation to utilizing such materials.

Regards,

Tyler Buchinski
Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP)
--
Kudos are always appreciated!
Distinguished Expert
spuluka

What different between JNCIS-M exam and JNCIP-SP

Here are the two exam objectives that you can see what the differences are.  Primarily there is more detail in VPN, the addition of automation and deeper listings in the same topics covered.  The objective lists are always the starting point of looking at what is required in an exam.  You will also find the answers to all you other questions here too.

JNCIS-M objectives

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources_jncism304.html

JNCIP-SP Objectives

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/resources_jncipsp.html

1) Why recommend reading rfc 2328(OSPF), but rfc 1142(IS-IS) is absence?

These "additional readings" are to supplement what is covered in the coursebooks listed in the exam preparation screen.  What these are there for is the areas that are not as well covered in the class material.  Since IS-IS is a big section on the exam you will see that the course outlines for the recommended training have a solid section on the topic.  Thus there is little need for additional reading.

2) How deep inspect knowledge in multicast? Must I read inter domain multicast routing?

The objective section on multicast does specifiy operations cross domain.

3) What about MPLS? Can I read only "One day book" or MPLS-enabled application needed too?

A quick skim of the objective outline and the "This Week - Deploying MPLS" seems that the topics are all covered.  But you should take a close inspection down the list to be sure.

4) What about automatization? It is only Junos script or Junos space too?

This objective has only one item "basic automation scripts" so this is Junos script and not the Junos Space.

Steve Puluka BSEET
Juniper Ambassador
Senior Network Engineer - UPMC Pittsburgh, PA
JNCIA-ER JNCIA-EX JNCIS-SEC JNCIP-SEC
JNCIS-FWV JNCIS-SSL
MCP - Managing Server 2003 MCP - Windows XP Professional
MCTS Windows 7
http://puluka.com/home
Contributor
v_pravdin

[ Edited ]

> However, asking about 'brain dump' materials in this forum may not yield the response you are looking for.
I edit my post =) And delete 'brain dump' question.
For JNCIA-M you must read JNCIA-M study guide and have some juniper elearning course like Junos as a second language.
For JNCIS-M you must read JNCIS-M study guide and have some real world experience.
For JNCIE-M you must read JNCIE-M study guide and real world experience.

What about JNCIP-SP?
For JNCIP-SP must read
1) JNCIS-M study guide
2) JNCIS Study guide Appendix A
3) JNCIE Study guide Chapter 6
4) This Week: Applying Junos Automation
5) "This Week - Deploying MPLS"
That is all for JNCIP-SP?

And what about JNCIE-SP? 

1) All above

2) More Real-world hands-on experience

3) JNCIE Study guide

May be some additional like "MPLS enabled application" or may be bootcamp?

JNCIP-SP
Distinguished Expert
spuluka

The JNCIE-SP exam objectives are only in draft form right now so there is no complete answer yet on this content.

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/service_provider_track.html

This page is where you get the listings of exam objectives.  That is your starting point.  The topics listed are what is covered by the exam.  The materials area shows what is organized and available to assist in that process but the exam objectives remain your checklist of what you should know well.

Steve Puluka BSEET
Juniper Ambassador
Senior Network Engineer - UPMC Pittsburgh, PA
JNCIA-ER JNCIA-EX JNCIS-SEC JNCIP-SEC
JNCIS-FWV JNCIS-SSL
MCP - Managing Server 2003 MCP - Windows XP Professional
MCTS Windows 7
http://puluka.com/home
Visitor
hattwick

I want to post this before I take the exam, so that there is no way I have violated any policy.

Having earned and re-certified for JNCIP-M, and then reviewd the exam blueprint, here is the strategy I found most helpful as I prepare to transition from JNCIP-M to JNCIP-SP tomorrow:

1. Review exising IGP, BGP, COS, Multicast using the still excellent JNCIS Study Guide by Joe Soricelli and skimming the config and debug examples in the JNCIP/JNCIE books by Harry Reynolds.  JNCIE book is necessary because the JNCIP-M exam stopped at BGP and didn't cover vpns.  These may be more detail than necessary, but every time you read them you get a better understanding of the material - even if you are experienced in this topics.

2. Download configuration guides from Juniper for the new material.

-NG-MVPNs

- VPLS

- automation

3. Retake the practice exam on the Juniper learning portal regularly to reinforce the types of questions you get, and in my case the types of wrong answers I occasionally pick by not noticing simple clues like the config is on the wrong router.

Certification is a personal journey, but having certfications on multiple routing platforms I find Juniper's to be more focused on fundamental technology (less proprietary) and therefore good for any network engineer wanting sharper skills.

ph

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.