Training, Certification, and Career Topics
Contributor
Toufiq-ur-Rehman

Re: write lab JNCIP-M now or wait for new exams to come out JNCIP-SP, JNCIE-SP

Hi ,

I have booked my JNCIP-M/T exam on 18Dec, 2010.

Please confirm the validation of this exam and If validation is less than year than It will be difficult for me to recertify from JNCIP-M/T to  JNCIP-SP exam due to my office commitments.

So It will looks wastage of time to sit for JNCIP-M/T in this time while certification tracks are going to be changed.

Recognized Expert
JCert

Hi Toufiq-ur-Rehman,

If I understand your question correctly... once you pass your JNCIP-SP, it will be valid for two years (as with all Juniper exams).  There is more info on this earlier in the thread.

Good luck on the exam, regards,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

Super Contributor
Liz Burns

Tougiq-ur-Rehman,

Just added - as referenced in other discussions in this thread - that when earned your JNCIP-M certification will be valid for two years from the date earned.  You will not have to recertify on JNCIP-SP until that two year valid period expires.

Regards,

Liz

Liz Burns
Director, Education Services
Certification and Marketing Programs

Kudos are always appreciated!
Contributor
Chen Ming

Hi

I have recently passed the JNCIS-M written exam, I'm curious if I can get JNCIE-SP certificate in the following steps:

Step 1: Pass the JNCIP-M lab exam

Step 2: Pass the new JNCIS-SP exam

Step 3: Take the new JNCIE-SP exam

Thanks

Recognized Expert
JCert

[ Edited ]

Hi Chen Ming,

No, following the steps you mention will not quite work. You can check here - http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/certification/program-changes.html#launch - to see your options for moving forward.

Cheers,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead, JNCP

Contributor
Chen Ming

Thanks JCert. Your information is very helpful, but I still have a tiny question:

Regarding to the Juniper certification update policy unveiled in July, to shift to the JNCIP-SP from the current M series, candidates must pass the "Highest level written exam in new Service Provider Track", the written exam could be either JN0-360 or a specialized one, according the comments which Juniper gave:

"The exam will be either the exam supporting the JNCIP-SP certification, if written, or a special recertification written exam. Candidates should review the exam description carefully as they may be tested on functionality not in the legacy exams"

If "the exam supporting the JNCIP-SP certification" has represented JN0-360, my thought did work, at least I can own the  JNCIP-SP title.

PS: can you leak any information about the "special recertification written exam"? I cannot find any descriptions on that page, such as exam topics, locations and fee.

Regular Visitor
Arijit

Hi Liz,

I already have JNCIP-M, and I am now atarting to prepare for my JNCIE-M, is it wise to start now or should I wait for the lab to change.

I am not sure when the lab is changing , since Juniper only said that it will change in first half. And also when it changes , how much overlap period will be there.

Appreciate if you could let me know. If I have atleast 6 months in hand, then it is worth studying for the present lab.

Thanks and regards

Arijit

CCIE- R/S , JNCIP-M

Arijit Ganguly (JNCIE-M , CCIE-R&S)
Recognized Expert
JCert

Hi Arijit,

I suggest you stay with your plan to take the JNCIE-M, as it will be around until at least Q2 2011. 

Good luck,

Kieran Milne

Tech Lead,

JNCP

Visitor
Al Gabsi

Hi Liz:

Could you please confirm that   the JNCIP-M  will  be available until June 2011.

Best;

Super Contributor
Liz Burns

THe JNCIP-M should be available through the first part of June 2011.  We are still working out the dates for a full transition from the M series certification track to the Service Provider Routing and Switching track.  There will be at least a 60 day overlab between the new SP exam release and EOLing for the legacy M series exams.

Regards,

Liz Burns
Director, Education Services
Certification and Marketing Programs

Kudos are always appreciated!
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.