Wireless LAN
Contributor
relaxwifi
Accepted Solution

Does anyone have an API for SmartPass ?

I have asked tech support but they are saying they don't have such a document ????

I want to implement the features listed below within Captive Web Portal customization, but cannot find any reference to this anywhere within the manuals.

The Login page HTML file will have to contain a POST method form with the action name set to SMARTPASS_LOGIN_ACTION_PATH. It will also have to include two input text boxes that need to have the following names: WEB_PORTAL_AUTH_USERNAME and WEB_PORTAL_AUTH_PASSWORD, for the user name and password parameters respectively.

It also needs to contain a POST method with the action name set to NEW_USER_ACTION_PATH and a "Create new user" button. For the creation success message, which will be shown on the login page after redirection, you may use the NEW_USER_SUCCESS_MESSAGE placeholder.

Optionally you can have the WEB_PORTAL_FAILED_AUTH_MESSAGE and WEB_PORTAL_SERVER_UNREACHABLE_AUTH_MESSAGE placeholders. They will be populated with customizable error messages in case of a failed authentication attempt.

The User Self Generation Page should contain a POST method form with the action name set to SMARTPASS_SEND_ACTION_PATH. It will also include four input text fields that need to have the following names: NEW_USER_PHONE, NEW_USER_NAME, NEW_USER_EMAIL and NEW_USER_COMPANY for the phone number, the person name, the email and the company. Optionally you can have the SELF_GEN_INVALID_PHONE, SELF_GEN_INVALID_EMAIL and SELF_GEN_GENERAL_ERROR placeholders. They will be populated with customizable error messages in case of an invalid phone number, invalid e-mail address or any other general error(s).

The Logout page will have to include a POST method form with the action name set to SMARTPASS_LOGOUT_ACTION_PATH.

New User
Mircea Jianu

Re: Does anyone have an API for SmartPass ?

Hello,

The Smartpass API User Guide can be downloaded here:

7.6 version: https://download.juniper.net/software/smartpass/7.6/7.6.1.2.0_FRS/SP-76-API.pdf

7.4 version: https://download.juniper.net/software/smartpass/7.4/7.4.2.2_MR2/API_User_Guide_7.4.pdf

For any functionality related question, please discuss this further with JTAC.

Regards
Mircea Jianu

Contributor
relaxwifi

Many thanks again,

I do have an OPEN case ref this subject so shall I tell JTAC where to find this document?

2012-0513-0089 - API for SmartPass

Contributor
relaxwifi

Can I also request the SmartPass API reference guide too please ? Thanks again.
New User
master_02

Hi everyone,

I need a screenshot of captive portal of smartpass? Do you have chance to send me such captive portal for guests. One of my costumers want to buy Smartpass but he want to see such a screenshot. Unfortunately I couldn't find anywhere :smileysad:

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.