Displaying articles for: 08-13-2017 - 08-19-2017
Typically when we talk about a generational divide, we are talking about an age gap in our workers. In an IT context, we might imagine differences in the way that millennials and their predecessors interact with the devices for which they are responsible.
But while there is indeed a generational divide that is beginning to take firm root in IT, it is the companies more than the workers that are driving changes.Read more...
Somewhat lost in the middle of a pretty newsworthy couple of weeks is some technology news that people really ought to be paying attention to. Last week, the FCC issued a Notice of Inquiry as part of a regular assessment of broadband penetration in the US. In the notice, the FCC led by Ajit Pai asked for public comments on, among other things, whether mobile broadband is a suitable replacement for fixed Internet connectivity.
While no policy has changed as of yet, lowering the bar on US broadband standards would surely slow adoption at a time when the Internet is increasingly important and the US, despite its economic and technological advantages, sits at a disappointing 20th in the world in terms of average connection speeds.Read more...
- GGR on: The greatest trick the public cloud ever pulled
- mbushong on: Workflow ubiquity: why vendors are so bad at enabl...
- muttbarker on: To Climb the Automation Everest You Need Workflow ...
- on: SDN: Your Questions Answered in Under Five Minutes
- abothman on: Boeing, Airbus, and Networking
- on: Giving Back to the FreeBSD Community
- on: Nicira and Programmable Networking… a Juniper Pers...
- 09-17-2017 - 09-23-2017
- 09-10-2017 - 09-16-2017
- 09-03-2017 - 09-09-2017
- 08-27-2017 - 09-02-2017
- 08-20-2017 - 08-26-2017
- 08-13-2017 - 08-19-2017
- 08-06-2017 - 08-12-2017
- 07-30-2017 - 08-05-2017
- 07-23-2017 - 07-29-2017
- 07-16-2017 - 07-22-2017
- 07-09-2017 - 07-15-2017
- 06-25-2017 - 07-01-2017
- View Complete Archives