SRX

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  "configure private" or "configure exclusive" in clusters (SRX240)

Posted 05-24-2010 00:35
      |   view attached

Hi! everyone

I've configured address book in J-Web in SRX240 cluster(2EA), but it poped up the messge that showed "configure private" or "configure exclusive".

I attached a capture file.

Would you let me know how to configre address book in "configrue private" or "configure exclusive"? please

Thank you

Jeff D. LEE

• 2.  RE: "configure private" or "configure exclusive" in clusters (SRX240)
    Best Answer

Posted 05-26-2010 12:39

Hi Jeff ,

These messages mean that "Someone" is logged into the SRX in cofiguration private mode. 

You will not be able to commit any changes to the configuration unless you are logged in privately as well. 

This is a normal message, and the only thing that you can do is make sure that either you are logged in private or that you are the only person logged into the box at that time. ( A solution at your case is to reboot the box     )

Configure private allows more than one user to be logged in and make changes withoug affecting another users changes.  This means that if one user is logged in configuration private all subsecquent users must log in configuration private.

Configure exclusive only allows one user to be making changes at a time.  This means that only one user can be in configuration mode at a time.