Ambassador Insights
Administrator Administrator , Administrator Administrator Administrator
Ambassador Insights
Introducing James Hartig from the Ambassador Team (Alumni)
Nov 8, 2012

James Hartig.jpgWe would like to introduce you to James Hartig, another Ambassador team member from Grooveshark. Find out how he got involved with Grooveshark, his first experience with Juniper and what he likes to do when he's not working. 

What did you want to be growing up, did you see yourself where you are now?

When I was growing up, I wanted to own a business like my father. At 12, I had the <center> tag mastered on a Geocities site and before junior year of high school, I got involved with Grooveshark and moved to Florida after high school working full-time on the front-end.

What was your first experience with Juniper? Do you have certifications?

Working at Grooveshark introduced me to Juniper products at the enterprise level. Although I primarily work on the front-end of the site, I'm always interested and learning about the hardware and networking components at the company.

What advice would you give someone just getting started on Juniper products?

The first thing I would do is make a J-Net account and get acquainted with the community. You'll find a plethora of great books, articles and support right there, and then I would definitely look for some used hardware to get familiar with Junos.

What do you like to do when you’re not working, what do you look forward to doing on the weekend?

Well, while I'm still at work, I enjoy playing laser tag and engaging in the frequent non-work-related debates. Outside of the office anything goes; from Cedar Point to anything on Comedy Central to a pickup game of soccer.