Application Acceleration
Highlighted
Application Acceleration

Crtp Bandwidth problem - Urgent help needed.

‎02-24-2011 02:16 AM

Hi,

I need help setting up CRTP over LSQ interfaces. It is all configured and seems to be working fine.

I am getting the correct amount of compression and having no issues there.

The problem I am having is that the uncompressed bandwidth seems to be limited by the serial link size.

ie. I have a 768k serial link and the uncompressed bandwidth will not go any higher than 768k.

So it seems that the serial is imposing some kind of limit on the bandwidth?

I have been graphing the DS serial interface (which a single diginet link on an E1).

On our side we have a J2320 (Junos 10.1R1.8)

On the client side I have a SRX210 (Junos 10.1R1.8)

I have attached a graph showing the uncompressed and compressed bandwidth to illustrate the issue.

Please would someone be able to assist with where I am going wrong with this.

Attachments

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Application Acceleration

Re: Crtp Bandwidth problem - Urgent help needed.

‎02-24-2011 11:15 AM

Hi,

I am not entirely sure if I understood the question correctly but let me try to explain.

If the link you have has a maximum capacity of 768Kbps then the total amount of data going out would be the sum of compressed and non-compressed data and the total will not exceed 768kbps. How much are you expecting there?

Can you please update the network diagram pointing where the WXC is placed and where you are taking that snapshot of the data. Please also label the circuit speeds so I can understand clearly.

Thanks

Iqbal Mirza

SRX Global JTAC

JNCIE-SEC#68, JNCIS-M, CCNP
Application Acceleration

Re: Crtp Bandwidth problem - Urgent help needed.

‎02-24-2011 08:57 PM

Hi,

The speed I am expecting through the serial interface is the compressed bandwidth value. The serial link is 768k and instead of getting 768k I seem to be maxing the line out at around 450k. Sorry Imirza I think I may have posted this in the wrong section of the forums, I am not using a WXC device. I am using a J2320 and a SRX210, the compression is done with the crtp on lsq interfaces.