Application Acceleration
Highlighted
Application Acceleration

WXC-1800 Outbound QoS shaping question

‎09-30-2011 02:05 AM

Hi!

I have a 1800 with outbound QoS enabled and outbound speed set to 3900 kbps, it runs in oversubscription mode, my question is does the box do shaping to 3900 kbps so you can se outgoing traffic clocked out with a speed of 3900k?

Anders

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Application Acceleration
Solution
Accepted by topic author mrrealtime
‎08-26-2015 01:27 AM

Re: WXC-1800 Outbound QoS shaping question

‎09-30-2011 03:15 AM

Hi Andres,

Yes. if the Outbound speed is set as 3900 Kbps, the WXC sends out the traffic (Compressed + Passthrough) at the speed of 3900 kbps.

Please ensure the Data in to the WXC from the LAN is also relatively high, so that it can use that bandwidth.

I hope this  clarifies.

Thanks,

Magesh S.

Juniper Networks

Advanced JTAC Engineer - WX/MFC

Highlighted
Application Acceleration

‎09-30-2011 05:50 AM

Does it exist some documentation regarding scheduler algortitms or something like that for this issue?

I'm interested in for example how long time/many bytes do the box serve before going to next traffic class.

Highlighted
Application Acceleration

‎10-02-2011 10:43 PM

Hi Andres,

Most of the WXC feature details are covered in the WXOS Admin Guide and the Technical documentations presented in the Juniper site.

Those documents were prepared for the public/customer reference. Mostly you should find an answer for your queries over there.

Regarding your question , "how long time/many bytes do the box serve before going to next traffic class" , i dont think there is a straightway answer for this in any of the document available to public.

May be you can get in touch with your Local Sales Engineer / Technical Marketing Engineer who can provide more insight on this.

Thanks,

Magesh S.

Juniper Networks

Advanced JTAC Engineer - WX/MFC

Feedback