Application Acceleration
Application Acceleration

WXC Subnets add

‎08-24-2008 01:58 AM

Dear All,

i installed WXC in one of my customers site, the problem is that the wx is connected to L3 switch, which have about 5 vlans, wx is seeing only the subnet 192.168.200.0 for compression, i have 10.66.x.x.. 5 networks, i need to add them to compression, how can i do that please!!

Tariq Morad
12 REPLIES 12
Application Acceleration

Re: WXC Subnets add

‎08-24-2008 04:07 PM

Hi,

Does the L3 swicth support RIPv2?

Are you installed inline o rplanning to install off-path?

But to answer you question directly under device setup, local routes you an add here the addition subnets as statics and they will appear under the compression subnets as local routes.

Danny Jump
Technical Marketing Manager - Access and Acceleration Business Unit
Application Acceleration

‎08-26-2008 02:57 AM

If you are using trunking at the remote end you will have to switch on wan reduction subnets.

CLI command (commit and save)

config reduction-subnet set wan-reduction-subnet on

Also configure the trunk VLAN under

\Device setup\Interfaces\802.1Q

Native VLAN ID - 1

VLAN ID - your local vlan ID

Just another way of doing it.

Hope you have joy

Application Acceleration

‎09-03-2008 05:02 AM
Could I ask you to please confirm if you have managed to resolve your problem?
Danny Jump
Application Acceleration

‎09-03-2008 08:56 AM

well i solved the problem, but not with the commands i got here, it was something like,

config reduction-subnets

add enable [subnet]

something like that, i cant remember the exact command.

the commit. problem solved. thank you for asking.

Tariq Morad
Application Acceleration

‎09-03-2008 09:06 AM

Hi,

Glad you got it resolved.

Andre's command is used to allow the box to advertise subnets it see from the remote side of the box. If you add a static route and the def gw resolves (via arp) on the remote side by default we won't advertise this compression subnet. Advertised subnets should be lan side but there are occasions when the subnet is lan side but the gateway is on the remote side, as in the situation when the CE router is doing the inter-subnet routing.

Any more issues / questions post them up to the forum.

Danny Jump
Application Acceleration

‎09-14-2009 06:48 PM

Hi There,

I have my Juniper WXC in-line between the Core LAN switch (local) and the firewall (remote).

It is compressing correctly etc for it's configured subnet of 192.168.10.0/24.

However when I try to add  another subnet, by adding as a static route, in this case 192.168.20.0 and then ticking it in the 'advertise WXC compression subnet' box, it breaks the communication for that subnet!

So now, 192.168.10.0 communication to it's peer subnet will work but 192.168.20.0 communicating to its peer subnet will drop the packet if traffic it matches is set to either compression or NSC (acceleration is ticked and is fine). 

So if I have RDP enabled for acceleration and compression (as an example), I can successfully RDP from 192.168.10.0/24 to its peer subnet but can't RDP from 192.168.20.0/24 to its peer subnet.

If I deselect compression from RDP, I can then RDP successfully from both subnets to its peer subnets.

Why is this happening???

Application Acceleration

‎09-15-2009 06:48 AM

Hi

It is hard to say without a more detailed view/diagram of the setup and the configuration of the boxes. It may be something wrong with the way local routing is configured, something to do with the way compression subnets/remote routes works, any source/destination filters involved?, etc.

Regards,
Johan
Application Acceleration

‎10-02-2009 11:57 AM
Did you manage to resolve this issue or is it still outstanding?
Danny Jump
Application Acceleration

‎10-03-2009 02:06 PM
thanks man for following up, the issue is not for me anymore, another people handled it, and honestly i forgot most of the details about this case, thanks for your help anyway.
Tariq Morad
Application Acceleration

‎11-18-2009 09:32 AM

Hi Guys,

I have just added a subnet to the LAN at our datacentre for voice and it routes via the L3 switches. I have specified the subnet and marked fro compression but I see no traffic. Should the default gateway of the new subnet in the Juniper WXC be the ultimate router or the L3 switch?

Application Acceleration

‎11-19-2009 01:58 PM

So two things, you will get low to zero compression for the voice. Secondly if the network is

ROUTER - WX-L3-LAN  (where the new subnet is located) then the def gw of the new subnet when defined under the local routes on the WXC and it then appears as a compression subnet is the L3 switch.

Danny Jump
Application Acceleration

‎11-26-2009 02:48 PM

Thanks Mate, all sorted.