Application Acceleration
Highlighted
Application Acceleration

cms license enforced or no ?

‎09-28-2011 10:37 PM

hi

my customer has 202 devices managed by its cms and it will probably add a dozen more in the next couple of months.

now there is nothing bad and cms is not crying for an upgrade license but i m not sure it will not do it sooner.

Is there an enforcement of devices licenses in cms and am i using now with my 202 devices a grace period license ?

many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Application Acceleration

Re: cms license enforced or no ?

‎09-28-2011 10:47 PM

Hi,

There is a way to check the current CMS License as how many number of WXC devices the CMS can support and how long the License is valid.

Please login to the WXC CMS GUI and click on Help -> About.

It will give you the above details.

With that data you can conclude if your CMS can support more than 202 WXC devices or not.

Its recommended that you purchase a Permanent License for the CMS soon.

Please let me know if this clarifies your queries.

Thanks,

Magesh S.

Juniper Networks

Advanced JTAC Engineer - WX/MFC

Highlighted
Application Acceleration

‎09-28-2011 11:10 PM

many thanks for the reply...

but now my customer has only a 200 device license and cms can manage 202 devices !

is this only a grace period to allow him the purchase of an upgrade license ?

Highlighted
Application Acceleration

‎09-28-2011 11:20 PM

Hi,

I feel out of the 202 devices, 2 devices may not be functional. Please check that list.

Even if it gets added, the complete functionality may not be available for the devices that are added extra and it can cause some issues.

If you feel a dozen more WXC devices are planned to be added to the CMS, i would recommend you to upgrade the CMS License, so that there wont be any issues.

I hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Magesh S.

Juniper Networks

Advanced JTAC Engineer - WX/MFC

Feedback