Archive
Juniper Employee , Juniper Employee Juniper Employee
Archive
Chris M. Jones Settles In as Juniper’s Vice President of Americas Partner Sales
Apr 30, 2013

Since his appointment to Juniper’s Vice President of Americas Partner Sales role on April 1, Chris M. Jones has effectively engaged with Juniper’s partner community, most recently, having led the Juniper Partner Advisory Council (JPAC) in San Diego last week. In the coming weeks, he has secured plans to meet with additional strategic partners to better understand their market needs and opportunities while rallying the Juniper Partner Advantage team to identify new opportunities to drive coverage, capabilities and capacity for partners. Chris joined Juniper in December 2010 and previously served as Vice President for Worldwide Commercial Sales demonstrating a strong track record leading Juniper’s enterprise business, which currently represents a significant portion of Juniper’s sales.

Prior to his tenure with Juniper, Chris held senior sales and channel management positions in the technology sector. His deep knowledge of Juniper’s business, as well as the industry, coupled with his outstanding leadership skills has already earned him well-deserved support from Juniper’s executive team.

At the time of his appointment, Emilio Umeoka, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Partners, was quoted as saying, “After working closely with Chris over the past two years, I know he will dive into this new role with all the determination and success he has already demonstrated during his tenure at Juniper.”

Chris will remain based in Washington, D.C., where he resides with his wife and three children. 

-----------

Q&A with Chris M. Jones

We recently had the opportunity to sit down with Chris and to ask him a couple of questions about his new role, Juniper’s partner community and where he will have the most impact in 2013. Here is what he had to say:

Q: What opportunities/obstacles do you see affecting the Americas channel in 2013?

CMJ: Our goal is to drive collaboration between the Juniper partner community and the Juniper sales team so that they are mutual stakeholders and find value in making an investment in each other’s expertise. My team and I are committed to earning our partners’ confidence as we continue to invest in our relationships, focus on our goals and meet with profitability. Our partner community consists of the brightest and the strongest organizations in the channel. The foundation for a successful relationship already exists. I’ve committed to leveraging and strengthening those relationships to enable better alignment, achieve sales growth and drive profitability for our partners.

Q: What have you learned from Juniper’s partner community and how will you apply that to Juniper Partner Advantage?

CMJ: I’ve learned that there is always room for improvement. As I said before, Juniper has a successful track record with our partners. Right now, it’s about taking a look at the fundamentals of how we do business in the channel, how we engage with them and how we team with them. We’re putting an actionable plan into place so that we can be successful together starting from the top of the funnel to field execution. With Juniper Partner Advantage, our partners can expect a roll out of proactive enablement activities that support our strategic opportunities. It’s that simple.

----------

Quotable

“We believe Chris’ strong business alliance capabilities and partner sales enablement expertise provides the guidance and business strategy required as our partners compete in a critical period in networking as business models transition from traditional infrastructures to service and software-oriented models. Chris will continue to play a critical role as an evangelist for our partner ecosystem as we roll out new programs like Juniper Partner Advantage for Services and Cloud enabling partners to maintain a competitive edge during this market inflection point.” – Emilio Umeoka, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Partners

“I look forward to further integrating with Juniper’s partner community and enabling partner success through leadership and strategy as we continue to deliver world-class solutions and programs allowing our partners to lead network architecture conversations with their customers as they look to build the best networks of tomorrow. Over the coming months I will continue to meet with partners, outlining a clear roadmap of Juniper products and programs to better align market growth in 2013.”– Chris M. Jones, Vice President of Americas Partner Sales