Automation & Programmability
Automation & Programmability
“Look Ma, No Hands!” or: How Infrastructure as Code is like a Player Piano

“You can pay for school, but you can’t buy class.”

Everyone wants to be classy. Tuxedos, five-star restaurants, playing the piano—all are associated with “class.”  However, while no one wears a tuxedo every day, and few people can afford to eat at a five-star establishment for every meal, anyone can play the piano—provided the instrument is automated.  With a player piano, you can hear Mozart, Beethoven, or Chopin anytime you want by simply flipping a switch—without ever touching the keys yourself.

lang-lang---liszt-my-piano-hero-8-1310403240.jpg

That same concept applies to Infrastructure as Code (IaC), where everything needed to run an infrastructure can be software that leverages DevOps for collaboration, deployment, and continuous integration. Like a player piano programmed to serenade you with “Moonlight Sonata,” you can similarly program your network to automatically perform the critical functions required for continuous operation.

Selecting the right open-source framework and protocols for your network infrastructure is a lot like picking the right composer:  Ansible or Beethoven; Netconf or Mozart.  The great thing about automation is that it eliminates the risk of human error; just as a self-playing piano can perfectly play the greatest compositions without missing a note, Infrastructure as Code can flawlessly automate your network, virtually eliminating “Shadow IT” and human error.

I would like to invite you to explore the various use cases that Juniper network automation has to offer. Watch a replay of our latest webinar and learn how we helped Oracle+Dyn build an Infrastructure as Code environment that automates data centers across five continents.

There are endless possibilities with Juniper automation.  Visit the Automation Use Cases @ Juniper Networks for more information

Juniper Employee

Great blog, Ashraf!  I really like the title of the blog too.

Top Kudoed Authors