Junos Automation consists of several different toolsets and APIs that function at different levels depending on what you want to automate and what level of abstraction is required for end users to complete their tasks at hand. You can automate and streamline users’ operational and configuration tasks using Junos PyEZ or SLAX.
To quickly ramp up on Junos Automation, click Quick Start - Junos Automation.
- How do I determine what code to automate?
- How can I use custom templates or functions in my automation?
- Is there a script that can help me prevent common human errors in my configuration?
Junos PyEZ and Automation
- How can I access data from Junos OS devices without using XML?
- How can I retrieve data for troubleshooting, auditing, and reporting?
SLAX and Automation
- How can I set up my script to deal with errors?
- How can I share configuration data across multiple devices?
- Is there a script that can help me prevent common syntax and programming errors?
Junos Space and Automation
- Where can I find Configlets to apply to Juniper Networks devices in Junos Space?
- How can I display script results in Junos Space?
Best Practices for On-Box Data Storage and Access
When you develop an on-box Junos automation, you may need to store some data locally so it can be accessed later by a subsequent instance of your script, a completely different Junos automation, or even a remote application. For expert advice about the pros and cons, and "gotchas" for each data store approach, click:
- On Box Storage: Option 1 - Flat Files as a Data Store
- On-Box Storage: Option 2 - JUNOS Device Configuration as a Data Store
- On-Box Storage: Option 3 - Utility MIB as a Data Store
- On-Box Storage: Option 4 - JUNOS Accounting Files as a Data Store
- On-Box Storage: Choosing a Solution
Junos Automation Resources
- Automation TechWiki
- Available Automation tools
- Chef for Junos OS
- GitHub repository service
- J-Net Community page
- JUISE (Junos OS User Interface Scripting Environment)
- Juniper Networks Products & Services
- Juniper Learning Bytes
- Configuring CLI Configlets on Junos Space
- Junos-Python (PyEZ) Basics
- Junos-Python (PyEZ) Installation
- SLAX Scripting Part 1
- Using Scripts in Junos Space
- JUNOScriptorium stored on GitHub
- Junos Automation Day One Books
- Junos Automation Scripting Feature Guide
- Junos PyEZ troubleshooting, auditing, and reporting
- Junos Space
- NETCONF (Network Configuration Protocol)
- Python and Python Exceptions
- Ruby and Quickstart Ruby tutorial for Junos Automation
- SLAX (Stylesheet Language Alternative Syntax)