BLOG: Community Talk
News and updates to keep you informed about J-Net Community programs and enhancements
Administrator Administrator , Administrator Administrator Administrator
BLOG: Community Talk
Introducing Juniper Fan-of-the-Month for August
Aug 11, 2014

Thomas Grimonet Juniper Fan of the MonthWe are pleased to introduce our August Fan-of-the-Month Thomas Grimonet. Tom is known on Twitter as TiTom73 and has  his own personal blog titled "Networking Games" where he has written about Junos, SRX and other technologies. Be sure to give them a read. To find out more about Tom read our interview with him below. Congratulations Tom for being chosen as our Fan-of-the-Month!

How long have you been using Juniper products?

I started working with Juniper products in 2006 with Screenos and NSM. It was begining of a long story with Secure Access, Screenos and of course Junos.

What was the first Juniper product you worked with?

My first Juniper product was an old ISG2000 (with the old dark blue color) cluster. It was during an Internship, so that means I discovered Firewall management and from this time, I can't manage firewall without zone based policies.

What is your favorite thing about working with Juniper products?

Learning Junos was a challenge due to its ability to configure advanced Layer 3, Layer 2 and Security functions. So, we have to learn a lot of concepts and protocols. But, Juniper KB and training materials (such as Day One, Junosphere) help transition to be easy. And now, my favorite feature is Junos CLI : automatic rollback, configuration enhancement with apply-groups, ability to script with Netconf and Py-Junos-EZ, and so much make Junos CLI incredible.

What advice would you give to others considering Juniper certifications?

For sure, use the fast track program. It gives a lot of training materials and help to understand all concepts required to design/deploy and manage networks.

What Juniper product do you dream of working with?

I've had the opportunity to work on a lot of Juniper gears (SSG/ISG/SA/J/SRX/EX/M/MXQFX) but my favorite product is clearly MX device

Aug 12, 2014
vcl
Congrats Tom!
Top Kudoed Members