BLOG: Community Talk
News and updates to keep you informed about J-Net Community programs and enhancements
Juniper Employee , Juniper Employee Juniper Employee
BLOG: Community Talk
Introducing our Juniper Fan-of-the-Month for August!
Aug 18, 2015

juniper_newsfeed_fotm_TenBerg_proof1.png1.How long have you been using Juniper products?

For the past 14 years I’m using Juniper Networks Routers and switches.

2.What was the first Juniper product you worked with?

My first Juniper was a M5 router to replace the routing capabilities of an other vendor.

3.What is your favorite thing about working with Juniper products?

I have lots of personal reasons to work with Juniper devices, the standardization of one CLI for all Junos powered

Devices, the way Juniper designed this is giving a lot of power to the people working with it.

The way juniper designed it’s hard /software is giving the devices lots of power to enable all sorts of services and bringing standardization and consolidation to the network of customers. 

4.What advice would you give to others considering Juniper certifications?

I will focus on the SP Course ( This is my specialty). There is lots of material on the Juniper site ( Forum / Documentation / education sites) specially the Day One publications. I also suggest reading the Juniper MX Series book by O’Reilly  and the “older” Juniper JNCIA-E books will help as well. To have a practical study I would suggest using a VMX (Virtualized MX) or multiple VMX’s. The study materials in any of the tracks can help very well to cope with the day to day operations of your network. 

5.What Juniper product do you dream of working with?

Hmm do I really have to choose ? J The PTX series devices in high on my list even as the Qfabric and QFX devices. Unfortunately at this moment we do not have a customer that is need of a 

PTX kind of device.

Want to be showcased as next month's super fan? Keep posting your Juniper knowledge and we might choose YOU! 

0 Kudos