BLOG: Community Talk
News and updates to keep you informed about J-Net Community programs and enhancements
Juniper Employee , Juniper Employee Juniper Employee
BLOG: Community Talk
Introducing our Juniper Fan-of-the-Month for July!
Jul 6, 2015

juniper_newsfeed_fotm_klundert_proof1.png

1.How long have you been using Juniper products?

3 years

2.What was the first Juniper product you worked with?

MX-series routers (MX480 and MX80)

3.What is your favorite thing about working with Juniper products?

The flexibility and power of the MX, enabling me to design all sorts of solutions. Interconnecting customers, carriers and services using the MX with all of the features it has to offer is a really fun thing.

4.What advice would you give to others considering Juniper certifications?

For the SP course, Juniper offers a lot of material on their website. This material is solid and provides for a great read. A good thing is to simply hook up an MX router running several logical systems while reading this material. This way, you can build all the relevant scenario’s using only 1 router. Almost everything covered in the SP track is very relevant for me on a day-to-day basis, so I can really recommend it! 

5.What Juniper product do you dream of working with?

Integrating a Qfabric or a QFX10000 into the network would probably at the top of my list. Unfortunately, both of them are a bit too big of a beast for anything I have planned in near future.

me.jpg.jpeg

The lab grew a little out of proportion, but it currently contains the following:

• MX480
  • 2 MX104’s (one contains a services MIC)
  • MX80
  • SRX650
  • QFX5100
  • EX4200

Using logical systems, I managed to get several service provider networks running on the MX routers. I use it for study, fun, troubleshooting and testing. Some of the stuff I do for fun is at www.saidvandeklundert.com

In the rack next to this one we have a miniature cloud (some IBM x3550’s, an SVC and some Storewize v7000’s) . Access to these resources allows us to be creative, have fun and test almost any scenario.

Want to be showcased as next month's super fan? Keep posting your Juniper knowledge and we might choose YOU! 

0 Kudos