BLOG: Community Talk
News and updates to keep you informed about J-Net Community programs and enhancements
Administrator Administrator , Administrator Administrator Administrator
BLOG: Community Talk
J-Net Member Spotlight - February 2014
Feb 28, 2014

Redouane El MagroudThis month's spotlight is on Redouane El Magroud known as Red1 in J-Net. Red has been active in the community since 2012 and is a Trusted Contributor.  He participates in a wide variety of our forums assisting users with their technical questions.  His amazing level of activity in the community in January caught our attention with 89 posts!

We asked Red to tell us a bit about himself, what his day at work looks like, and what he likes to do when he’s not working.

I’m currently working at Atheeb Telecom Consortium, in Saudi Arabia, as a Senior 4G Network & Security Engineer since 2012. My role is to provide Level 2 support, and resolve network and security related issues. In addition, I am responsible for auditing and securing the network by doing periodic vulnerability audit/pen tests, applying new security policies and designing new security solutions.

My love story with Juniper products started in 2006 when I was working as a Security Engineer at a private operator in Algeria where I started using Netscreen products to deploy VPN and DMZ solutions for business customers.

Usually, I have my browser tab open to J-Net, which I consider the best way to prepare for my JNCIE-SEC exam by replying to different posts and getting new updates about firmware releases and certifications. During my spare time, Juniper books are my best friend. In addition to reading, I also practice all examples found in the books on my small Lab at home. I am already qualified for the following certifications JNCIP-SEC , JNCIS-FWV, JNCIS-SA and JNCIS-AC. My target for this year is to get JNCIE-SEC certification, after that I will focus on the SP track.

If Red helps you solve your technical issue be sure to accept his solution and show your appreciate with some Kudos too!

Congratulations and thank you for all you do in the J-Net Community!

Feb 24, 2014
Distinguished Expert

Congrats Red1!

And good luck with the exams.

Feb 26, 2014
Recognized Expert

Hey man congrts!!!!

Feb 28, 2014
Recognized Expert Recognized Expert

Thanks Peter and Kashif !

Feb 28, 2014
lyndidon1